Newbie confused here?!?!?!

maximuslion

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking into purchasing some lake country pads and am confused by the colors schemes

Why is there no red pad included in the ccs pad group or flat pad group but there is a red pad included in the thin pro group? Other colors like black pads are included across all the pad groups

Hi all, I'm looking into purchasing some lake country pads and am confused by the colors schemes

Why is there no red pad included in the ccs pad group or flat pad group but there is a red pad included in the thin pro group? Other colors like black pads are included across all the pad groups

I do believe the CCS and Flat pads came out before all other foam pads in their line up. I wouldn't get caught up too much with the color scheme since just about everything you want to do on a red (wax) pad could be achieve on the black finishing pad.

The only viable reason I see in getting a red pad is to have a dedicated pad just for waxes and sealant to minimize cross contamination from residual polish residue.

Thin Pros are way nicer than CCS pads. And red is rarely needed, I bought one, still in the package. Even black I almost never needed. Orange and white are used a lot.

I don’t do anymore correcting, just finishing and waxing, for that I use a black hex pad for everything.

Don't feel bad, Max.

All manufacturers have different colors for different grades (cut levels/aggressiveness).

It has been discussed many times before that it would be SO nice if these different companies would/could come up with a universal (or at least semi-comprehensive) color code for pads.

But, don't hold your breath. :(

Thin Pros are way nicer than CCS pads. And red is rarely needed, I bought one, still in the package. Even black I almost never needed. Orange and white are used a lot.

Have you ever seen/used the Gray Thin-pro, Bruno?

I think that thing just may be able to scratch a diamond. Lol

I have the Forced hybrid version of the grey pad. I got them a while back. Never had the right opportunity to use them. If the paint is that bad, I tend to go straight to fiber (wool mostly) then finish down with foam.

The most aggressive foam pad IMHO is the CarPro Flash Spot Repair pad. Its like using sandpaper.

Same here. I have a collection of both Flat and Thin Pro LC pads. All I ever use are orange and white as they are the real work horses in the line. I have a blue I've never used and one black Flat pad which is only used for sealant application.

thanks everyone for the feedback and support! I just purchased a new SUV for the wife. It being new, i don't think much cutting is needed. I was mainly looking at applying polish and wax and was trying to determine why the red pad was excluded from some line-ups. Description says the red pad is the softest pad available. I was just surprised to see it excluded from other lineups.

Have you ever seen/used the Gray Thin-pro, Bruno?

I think that thing just may be able to scratch a diamond. Lol

No, I have not. I read some feedback about it and no one seemed to think they were that great. When more cut than orange is needed, step up to microfiber or wool.

Rest assured that when every pad manufacturer can agree on a color code system for every pad across every product line, the world will officially end. Like if cell phones ever all use the same charger. LOL. More seriously, I don't care for the CCS pad line. I prefer the HydroTech pads - Blue coarse, Orange polish, Red finish. That system has never let me down and use it with Wolfgang Uber Compound, Polish, and Sealant.

Back