Car glazes for older model cars

zachjackson18

Jul 2, 2014
I have a 2002 f150 that's in excellent condition I don't wanna polish the paint as the clear is getting thin....what's a nice glaze I can use to hide any imperfections this is my classic I plan on keepin it forever I hope it'll be worth money someday so I want to keep original paint

I swear by Chemical Guys EZ Creme Glaze. I did a 2002 Honda S2000 that had some imperfections and the owner was looking to sell. Ez Creme Glaze made the black pop.

I have a 2002 f150 that's in excellent condition I don't wanna polish the paint as the clear is getting thin....what's a nice glaze I can use to hide any imperfections this is my classic I plan on keepin it forever I hope it'll be worth money someday so I want to keep original paint
Since you say the CC is thin...Just how thin is the CC?...
Then it should be way more porous than when new from the factory: Meguiar's M07 is one glaze that may do the trick.

Make sure to follow up any glaze treatment with a quality LSP.

Bob

CG EZ Creme or Glossworks are great glazes to use under a sealant or wax. I don't believe either of these have any abrasives like some products that are typically thought of as glazes do, such as prima amigo and GC black light.

Just some spots show small cracks in the clear that lead me to believe it's gettin thin I bought the truck new when 17 and washed and polished and waxed ever since

813,791 Ford F-150's were sold in 2002

Unless there is something really special about yours...it is as valuable right now as it is ever going to be

It's powdercoated and chrome all underneath thx for the comment and thank you all for the helpful suggestions