Underrated/Overlooked: Meguiar’s Hybrid Paint Coating

Just picked one up too. It is going on my wife's minivan. I could definitely use a simpler coating on that beast.

Note: their is some concern regarding the use of graphene in some newer products as well. Kind of similar to silica that use to be fairly common in polishes.

I worked for a couple of years making *black stuff* for aircraft. There were all sorts of warnings about graphite & carbon. The scary one was CF splinters causing wounds that look exactly like Anthrax blisters... Knew what anthrax blisters looked like owing to working fur auctions for HBC in London & they had posters in the break rooms that showed them. Got a splinter in my arm one day & a few days later showed the wound to a friend who was a Veterinary pathologist. She REALLY freaked out & then called me all sorts of mean names when I confessed it was from CF. :)

One coat of HPC done on the wife's 19 Durango RT.

The little bottle of Surface Prep was barely enough to do the whole truck. Luckily had a bottle of Gyeon Prep to finish one of the lower doors.

Followed all the tips that Markus Kleis recommended on his channel though much of it right on the package directions. The key to a good experience is towel management or else you'll just be pushing an oily film around.

I can concur that the sickness upon removal is pretty amazing. Very slick! And the gloss is quite noticeable.

Very easy to use. Temp in my garage was about 70 degrees F. Since the directions say to leave on surface for 1 minute when the temperature is under 73, I was able to cover larger areas at a time. Wiped right off no issues.

So time will tell on durability. Living in Chicagoland, our winters are rough so this finish is going to get hit hard. I'll of course be topping with HCD.

evo77, thanks for the write-up. It'll be interesting to see how it handles winter.

Im going to need a second job or an autogeek intervention.

I just used this on my daughter's Silver Mazda CX-5. I found the application process to be almost identical to how I apply Sonax PNS, but wow, so much more enjoyable. It spread and removed far easier than PNS, and I have zero streaking or high spots. I used it on the paint, trim, glass and plastic headlights and tail lamps. It gave a nice finish look to the back trim, made it look dressed.

I used Meguiars Iron remover and followed that with another wash and Griots synthetic clay. I then polished with Griots Complete Polish, using grey finishing pads and speed 3 on my GG6. That created some nice gloss, but this product really amped up the gloss levels. It is certainly the slickest product I have used. She should give this product a good test, living in suburban Pittsburgh with their harsh winters, over abundance of salt and chemicals being spread seemingly daily, no toppers of any kind, and will be using touch less washes more often than not, if she can get a full year out of it, I will be impressed. I will probably end up checking it in the spring and see how it is holding up at the 6 month mark.

Truck got her first wash last night since HPC application 10 days ago. Hydrophobics were insane! And the paint still felt slick!

20211026-181425-1.gif

But I will says this, it wasn't until I washed with Gyeon Bathe that I noticed water eeeeever so slightly sheeting in areas on the lower doors and rear lower bumper. I can't imagine its soap residue because I'm a stickler for dilution ratios per directions on everything I use. Mind you this is AFTER the wash. Before the wash, rinsing of all surfaces resulted in typical coating like hydrophobics.

I didn't get a chance to record the post water behavior so I'll try to document that on the next wash.

Truck got her first wash last night since HPC application 10 days ago. Hydrophobics were insane! And the paint still felt slick!

20211026-181425-1.gif

But I will says this, it wasn't until I washed with Gyeon Bathe that I noticed water eeeeever so slightly sheeting in areas on the lower doors and rear lower bumper. I can't imagine its soap residue because I'm a stickler for dilution ratios per directions on everything I use. Mind you this is AFTER the wash. Before the wash, rinsing of all surfaces resulted in typical coating like hydrophobics.

I didn't get a chance to record the post water behavior so I'll try to document that on the next wash.

Especially because Bathe isn't supposed to leave anything behind. Thanks for sharing the update!

20211026-181425-1.gif

I’m a computer idiot. How did you create that video/gif to post? Did you do through TapaTalk or AG forum website?

Most have to post to you tube then post link….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a computer idiot. How did you create that video/gif to post? Did you do through TapaTalk or AG forum website?

Most have to post to you tube then post link….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Samsung phone has a handy feature that creates 6 second GIF images from videos I take with the camera. I then uploaded that GIF image to a photo sharing website, which then I was able to link the image here.

Was at Autozone this afternoon, it's still discounted to $33 from $59.

This has my attention, does anyone know if this is being discontinued?

Got the last 2 at my auto zone..$33/Ea.

7xCLEF3.jpg

This has my attention, does anyone know if this is being discontinued?

From what I saw on Meguiars Online, this is a huge hit for them, so I would say not at the moment.

Back