Wheel & tire cleaner recommendation?

ajack6292

Reaction score
Wife and "the girls" heading to NYC next weekend, perfect time for spring decon, clay, polish & wax. BUT: just emptied my 64 oz. Wolfgang Tire & Wheel Cleaner. Bought it b/c it's advertised as doing both well, and I've been pretty happy with it. Still, like most, I'm always looking for something better. I still plan to use Pinnacle Black Onyx to finish the tires, and I've been thinking about McKee's 37 Wheel Coating. So: What say all you experts?

I am curious as well, currently I just use Mother's wheel cleaner, and then go straight to OPT for tires. I find the OPT doesn't last long even with 3 layers put on. I may try the Wolfgang cleaner... seems like a nice product, and not too pricey. Might help with the dressing.

Personally I use iron X

It's pricy but it really works well and FAST. Also great for paint as well so I spray it all over the wheels and paint before wash.

Wife and "the girls" heading to NYC next weekend, perfect time for spring decon, clay, polish & wax. BUT: just emptied my 64 oz. Wolfgang Tire & Wheel Cleaner. Bought it b/c it's advertised as doing both well, and I've been pretty happy with it. Still, like most, I'm always looking for something better. I still plan to use Pinnacle Black Onyx to finish the tires, and I've been thinking about McKee's 37 Wheel Coating. So: What say all you experts?
The megs line has several tire and wheels cleaners and not pricey.I coated my tires with Wolfgang trim sealer.Two coats per tire gives a nice matte sheen and last.

I use Meguiars 'All Wheel & Tire Cleaner' works great on the rubber and the rims

Lots of Meguiars fans, eh? I do use several of their products already so I'll give them a go. Thanks to everybody for taking time to answer.
Now, anybody have any ideas what to do about a weather forecast of rain for a week? 😭

Meguiar's D143 Non Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner is an incredible value and performs very well. You can dilute it either to 1:1 or 2:1 depending on your needs. If need be, you can always follow up with Iron-X to decontaminate the wheels.
Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel and Tire Cleaner D-14301

This. Absolutely amazing cleaner and very affordable. If the wheels are really bad, ill throw some acid on them or Iron X. But I can literally clean 9 out of 10 sets with this.

Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel and Tire Cleaner D-14301

Is a good choice and will make several 32oz bottles of wheel & tire cleaner. I have also been looking at Mckees tire coating, but have not pulled the trigger yet. Gets old reapplying tire dressing. Currently using BF AIO TRIM & TIRE protectant. Very happy with it. Great looking tire afterwards, and the only one i found with no sling!!

Brown Royal can be diluted (recommended) and is safe on paint too.

Now, anybody have any ideas what to do about a weather forecast of rain for a week? 😭

If anyone figures it out, let me know too ... unless someone wants to come over and clean out all my wife's junk out of my garage

I use the 303 Protectant and have been happy so far, its my all in one for my daily driver, and only driver I might add... The protectant last for about a week or two. No sling and I put a good amount on especially around the outside edge where tires tend to check. It gets applied every two weeks. It gets rotated in every other week with more finicky items not need to done every week.

Brown Royal can be diluted (recommended) and is safe on paint too.

It's great stuff, but for it's price I tend to only use it when I truly need it. 8/10 times I reach for Megs D143 Wheel & Tire Cleaner. I go through lots of this stuff @2:1. I might as well start buying 2 gallons at a time.

Back