PDA

View Full Version : Who has used: Ultima Interior Guard Plus , if so pop on in.

MrOneEyedBoh
11-11-2016, 07:06 PM
I tried to email Premium Finish Care ( the parent company ) and all my emails got kicked back. Anyway, I want to use some of this Ultima Interior Guard + this weekend, but the temps are about 60H and 40L degrees. Is that too cold to apply it? I dont have a garage, so I work in the sun/shade when detailing my vehicles, would that cause it to streak ( the sun heating the interior? )

Thanks!

Any tricks to using this stuff?

Sizzle Chest
11-11-2016, 07:12 PM
I've used it numerous times. No tricks to using it. Apply evenly and you will be ok. I wear gloves when using it...can get a little slippery without them and your applicator will go flying!

I can't speak on the temperatures to use it, I am in Florida and have never used it below 65 degrees or so!

It's good stuff. I like it.

MrOneEyedBoh
11-11-2016, 07:18 PM
Thanks!

I plan on using it mainly on the leather for now and then spring time Im going to apply it to the dash etc.

Mantilgh
11-11-2016, 07:48 PM
Ha. It is slippery, even with gloves!

I think you'll be fine. Keep an extra towel handy just in case.

Speaking of slippery. Make sure that you keep the sprayer tight. I think I've lost more than I've used through the sprayer coming loose and the bottle not being stored completely upright.

It is good stuff. It does not add gloss though, but is supposed to be one of the longer lasting interior sealants. I did a brand new Acura and treated everything well, then got a complaint that I did not treat his interior.:mad:

Oh well, I guess I should have used some high gloss silicon crap on his new car.:dunno:

Heisenberg
11-11-2016, 10:20 PM
Ha. It is slippery, even with gloves!

I think you'll be fine. Keep an extra towel handy just in case.

Speaking of slippery. Make sure that you keep the sprayer tight. I think I've lost more than I've used through the sprayer coming loose and the bottle not being stored completely upright.

It is good stuff. It does not add gloss though, but is supposed to be one of the longer lasting interior sealants. I did a brand new Acura and treated everything well, then got a complaint that I did not treat his interior.:mad:

Oh well, I guess I should have used some high gloss silicon crap on his new car.:dunno:

Had the same thing happen to me. It adds a very subtle sheen but once uniform it's not noticeable at all.