Chemical Guys waterless car wash good for claying?

Ruben12

Reaction score
I am looking to decon my vehicle and reseal. I have a gallon of CG waterless wash, would it be good to use as a lubricant to clay my vehicle? The one thing that has me thinking is that it does have some Carnauba wax in it...would it be pointless to clay with something that is putting on a layer of wax as I clay?

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

I don't have it personally but from searches and reviews it can be. I use Optimum No Rinse and Ultima Waterless Wash and know both of those can be used as clay lube. I assume the composition of CG's product is similar and thus effective as a lube.

What are you using? Ecosmart? I personally have it but I don't want to waste that type of product for clawing so I use speedy wipe. It's cheaper and better suited for that job and is a good lubricant. As for ecosmart being used as a clay lubricant, I have heard of people using it but I'd just rather not waste it for that. Oh and if you buy speedy wipe just make sure you wear gloves while using it because it will momentarily turn your hands pink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you using? Ecosmart? I personally have it but I don't want to waste that type of product for clawing so I use speedy wipe. It's cheaper and better suited for that job and is a good lubricant. As for ecosmart being used as a clay lubricant, I have heard of people using it but I'd just rather not waste it for that. Oh and if you buy speedy wipe just make sure you wear gloves while using it because it will momentarily turn your hands pink

I have both nanoskin glide and ecosmart. I have the 16oz of ecosmart that makes 1 gal. I now have a black car and don't plan on "waterless" washing it due to it being black. For some reason I don't feel the lubricity in the nanoskin and it makes me nervous when claying. I do see your point though. It would be a waste of product. Thanks for your advice!

You don't want TOO much lubricty when claying or it won't pick up the contaminants. Glide is a good one.

I said the same thing about waterless washing a black car but when I initially got the ecosmart I tried it on my daily and it worked amazing without leaving any scratches. That has been my go to since it has gotten cold so I can literally do everything inside. I've used it on all of my customers cars and my personal cars since it has gotten cold.
89edcbcc3587bd3c143f8165ea19ca98.jpg

987c215deb38074f2d33ef09e2dc6d4c.jpg

71444c94f310007740e2151ef3bcba10.jpg

Prod Volume(oz) Price per oz
EcoSmart 128 $89.00 $0.70
SpeedWipe 128 $36.00 $0.28

BUT you dilute EcoSmart 16:1, so EcoSmart works out to about $0.05 per oz. EcoSmart is 20% the cost of SpeedWipe.

I use EcoSmart to clay.

I didn't think of it that way ^^ but now that you put it like that it would make sense but for me I'd rather use speedwipe because it doesn't seem to work as well and isn't as tough.

Back