Drying Towel

gordster1122

Reaction score
Looking at getting a new drying towel since there is a sale it's between the Griots Garage PFM and Gyeon Silk Dryer both have good reviews which one would you pick ??

Two words....Big Blue!

The small and medium are more than enough unless you have a large vehicle, then their large is the way to go. This towel is amazing, period!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

If the Big Blue works better than the GG PFM, it must have magical powers!

I had been using the Griot's large drying towel, the ones with pockets sown into them, since 2005 and since then have purchased 2 more of them over the next 10 years. At this point, I will only use them when my Big Blues are dirty and I have nothing else to use, the Big Blues are THAT good, trust me/us.

Tried all sorts of drying towels.

Went back to the one wet, one dry method.

All my fancy towels are now either cushions for knee & products or fender protectors.

<--- Dinosaur.

All my fancy towels are now either cushions for knee & products or fender protectors.

<--- Dinosaur.
I agree with your 100%. I absolutely love my GG PFM'S but you really can't beat one wet and one dry towel. You can really dry a car with two 300 gsm towels that way.

Sometimes I think we try to fix problems we don't have by getting all fancy. I'm transitioning back to more general purpose towels for everything and just using different colors for different tasks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I had been using the Griot's large drying towel, the ones with pockets sown into them, since 2005 and since then have purchased 2 more of them over the next 10 years. At this point, I will only use them when my Big Blues are dirty and I have nothing else to use, the Big Blues are THAT good, trust me/us.

I bought the medium Big Blue after Roger told me about it. It's an amazing towel, just seems to absorb water for days! I can dry my entire Mazda 6 with just the one towel.

Never tried Griots PFM but have used all 3 of the big blues. My recommendation would be to get the medium and the small. While the small will dry an entire mid size car the medium is just easier to work with and the small can get into tighter spots.

I agree with your 100%. I absolutely love my GG PFM'S but you really can't beat one wet and one dry towel. You can really dry a car with two 300 gsm towels that way.

I'm going to give this a try. I bought a Meguiars Water Magnet (waffle weave) but I'm not happy with its performance. It seems that once it's saturated with water, it's done for the day. Maybe the "One wet, One dry" method is the answer.

I stopped towel-drying my car. Leaf blower for me. I like how it gets in all the nooks and crannies forcing the water out. Also leaves a spot-free streak-free finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

You can really dry a car with two 300 gsm towels that way.

Demonstrated this technique for the neighbor. He thought I misspoke when I said "drying with a wet towel." I actually let the haze evaporate on its own (Uber). The look on his face was priceless. lol

I'm going to give this a try. I bought a Meguiars Water Magnet (waffle weave) but I'm not happy with its performance. It seems that once it's saturated with water, it's done for the day. Maybe the "One wet, One dry" method is the answer.

Give it a shot. This actually works best with smaller 16x16/16x24 towels. Many times you don't need to go over the panel again; sweep, move on to the next section. Wring towel. Continue. By the time you check back, the first few sections would self dry spotless. If not, a quick blot and it's good to go.

I stopped towel-drying my car. Leaf blower for me. I like how it gets in all the nooks and crannies forcing the water out. Also leaves a spot-free streak-free finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

I do this too. But, as an early riser w/no garage and trying to beat the rising sun, the neighbors are less than friendly when I practice this. Lol

Back