Nifty at Fifty: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty Anniversary Edition

richy

Reaction score
This car belongs to a fellow law enforcement colleague who was lucky enough to retire recently. He bought himself one HELL of a retirement toy: a 2017 Camaro SS Fifty Anniversary Edition convertible. Does this thing ever sound incredible too. Wow. <drool>. I digress. He contacted me in the Fall to have it done in the Spring. I used my last bottle of Finest for his car, including the wheels.

Here it is as it was dropped off to me...in the rain...first time it had seen the rain. It saw a lot of it while I was washing it...groan. Here's how it arrived with only a tad over 1000 miles on it:

i4Nkrnu.jpg

eM8aNOL.jpg

ZSAj0i5.jpg

ru0syKe.jpg

First up was to wash the wheels, wells and barrels. I was going to be pulling the wheels so I wanted to make my life easier when I got them off. The barrels were cleaned with Zep Citrus and a Daytona brush in Megs HW. The faces were also shot with ZC and cleaned with HW using a demoted wash mitt. The tires were cleaned with Zep 505. The wells were scrubbed with LATA.

The paint was foamed with DG 901 and then washed with Megs HW, along with the top. It was then washed a second time with IronX soap gel for decontamination. It was then brought inside and clayed.

The wheels were pulled one at a time and the barrel, caliper and face were all chemically cleaned with Duragloss Squeaky Clean. The calipers and barrels were coated with Feynlab wheel and caliper coating. The faces were double coated with Finest. Here's a wheel being worked on:

gNLiCKk.jpg

nyZ9qek.jpg

3i3Hmmy.jpg

DgMlcwA.jpg

yB3fjGw.jpg

The paint was polished using CarPro Essence with the 3401 and a white LC pad. The paint, head and tail lights as well as side and rear glass were all double coated with Finest. The tail pipes were also coated with Feynlab wheel coating. The windshield was double coated with Fly By Forte. The top was treated with Duragloss 341. The tires were shot with Opti Bond from an air gun. Here it is getting its suntan:

jaUpSRq.jpg

Here she is, inside and out:

wk42hY5.jpg

DlaQRlB.jpg

rr3OMC5.jpg

cJhffnt.jpg

80uQLBC.jpg

CwwMvfs.jpg

nfWwlM7.jpg

Rmu8ZVs.jpg

FtBHiCk.jpg

JMQNcc2.jpg

95SC5Tk.jpg

D8IRQj6.jpg

sWD0OkS.jpg

0DBnrNw.jpg

m0t50OY.jpg

nCAwsVQ.jpg

1lch096.jpg

3Lim58D.jpg

LNZKrpp.jpg

Thanks for looking. This is the first time using imgur to host the images.

Stunning car! Excellent as usual Richy.

Richy, nice job vehicle looks sick and the finishes is even sicker. Nice work my friend and thank him for his years of service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great job Richy! Glad the sun came out for the grand reveal...and your finished shots!

Now That's how it's done. Retire, buy a new ride and get it detailed by Canada's best detailer. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous. Fantastic work as always my friend.

You attention to detail is one of a kind my friend! Thanks for sharing.

What a beast! :props:

A very nice "toy" indeed. Congratulations on your colleagues retirement.

Superb work doing the details Richy, looks incredible. Wow theres some "Pop" in that paint now huh. Awesome Richy, thank you for sharing.

Aaryn NZ. :dblthumb2:

Not trying to be a jerk here but isnt the camaro technically not 50 years as it went out of production for 9? The trademark might still be around but the actual car was not - at least in the US

Not trying to be a jerk here but isnt the camaro technically not 50 years as it went out of production for 9? The trademark might still be around but the actual car was not - at least in the US

It's still the 50th anniversary (year) of when the car was introduced.

That is true, but chevrolet seems to often say it like there has been a camaro every year for 50 years. I get the anniversary context now though

Awesome work Richie. By the looks of the front rotor, it appears someone was having some fun with the car.

Cool Camaro. Nice job Richy!
Thanks kindly!

Stunning car! Excellent as usual Richy.
Thanks Dan; I appreciate you taking the time to comment!

Richy, nice job vehicle looks sick and the finishes is even sicker. Nice work my friend and thank him for his years of service.

Thank you and I will. I've sent him the link to this write up anyway, so he'll see your thanks to him.

Great job Richy! Glad the sun came out for the grand reveal...and your finished shots!
Thanks Scott..if it didn't stop raining soon we were gonna have to line up the animals 2 X 2...

Now That's how it's done. Retire, buy a new ride and get it detailed by Canada's best detailer. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little jealous. Fantastic work as always my friend.
Thanks kindly Don! Your comments are always treasured my friend!

You attention to detail is one of a kind my friend! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Kyle; you have no idea how rewarding it is to read your feedback.

What a beast! :props:

A very nice "toy" indeed. Congratulations on your colleagues retirement.

Superb work doing the details Richy, looks incredible. Wow theres some "Pop" in that paint now huh. Awesome Richy, thank you for sharing.

Aaryn NZ. :dblthumb2:
Thanks Aaryn! Essence is amazing at what it can do!

Beautiful
Thanks bud, I appreciate you taking the time to comment!

Oh I love it

Thanks....so do I!!

Outstanding work Richy !!!! Love that color...
Thanks Pat. It was just stunning there in the sun. Several neighbours came over to check it out.

Nice job, love the curves of the car.
J-Lo eat your heart out!! Thanks Joe.

No idea Bill.

Bloody car is younger than me <sigh>.

Beautiful job Richy. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you Mike for taking the time to comment.

Beautiful, Richy!
Thanks Paul!

Awesome work Richie. By the looks of the front rotor, it appears someone was having some fun with the car.
Thanks....and..umm...I wouldn't know about that <knowing wink>

That's a sharp looking Camaro SS. Great job Richy!

Back