New Carpro Clear Cut compound

Reaction score
Anyone else looking forward to trying this. Ordered some the other day. Will be here today or tomorrow. I am always looking for a good heavy cut compound, especially with some of the modern paint systems out there now. My next 3 vehicles coming in are a Navy blue 2008 Porsche 911 cabriolet, 2011 Caddy CTS-V in metallic black and a 2011 black Escalade ESV. Looking forward to playing with this stuff!

https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-clearcut-compound.html

Anyone else looking forward to trying this. Ordered some the other day. Will be here today or tomorrow. I am always looking for a good heavy cut compound, especially with some of the modern paint systems out there now. My next 3 vehicles coming in are a Navy blue 2008 Porsche 911 cabriolet, 2011 Caddy CTS-V in metallic black and a 2011 black Escalade ESV. Looking forward to playing with this stuff!

Let me know how you like it! I really like Carpro Essence so I hope this stuff is just as great.

Very interested in how it performs. It would take something special to knock out Fast Correcting Cream and M101 from my current most-used compounds.

Very interested in how it performs. It would take something special to knock out Fast Correcting Cream and M101 from my current most-used compounds.

That's how I feel. I currently use M100 and Fast correcting cream. Although I will say I like how much easier M100 tends to wipe off and not clog my pads over FCC. The only downside is that M100 dusts more. But on the other hand its half the price for a gallon vs FCC.

Very excided to get my hands on this and start playing with it. Will let you know how it works.

Looking forward to hearing your results. It’s the only compound I’ve ever seen that recommends using light pressure for the first passes then finishing with heavy pressure.

Have you guys heard anything about the new 3D ACA 500 compound? Both the new 3D compound and the new Car Pro clearcut compound are advertised to remove 1000 grit sanding marks. I don’t know of any compound that is actually effective at removing 1000grit sanding marks but am certainly curious about both.

The new 3D compound is suppose to use an entirely new abrasive technology and has a list price of $70 for 32oz.

This is the most exciting announcement at Sema for me personally.

Have you had an opportunity to test the new CarPro Clear Cut Compound? Looking forward to hearing your experience.

I don’t like fixer or reflect, so I’ll prolly stay away from this compound, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t like fixer or reflect, so I’ll prolly stay away from this compound, too.

I agree, neither are anything special. But I don’t know of any other compound that is advertised to remove up to 1000grit sanding marks so I’m hoping it’s an entirely different formulation than fixer.

I saw Merlin made a post on the carpro forum on his latest paint correction. I am sure he will post up that write up on Autopia.

I agree, neither are anything special. But I don’t know of any other compound that is advertised to remove up to 1000grit sanding marks so I’m hoping it’s an entirely different formulation than fixer.

Scholl S0 Extreme Cut Matting compound is advertised to cut 1000, and I believe it. I haven't tried it, but I have buffed out a lot of nasty defects that even M101 wouldn't touch.

In my limited testing with ClearCut I am convinced this is a game changer. Using as directed I was able to get full correction on a hammered Nissan Altima with a microfiber cutting pad on the Rupes21 with almost zero marring. Using a foam pad and working the compound through several cycles I was able to achieve full correction and a haze free finish. It's good stuff. I can see it becoming my go-to compound once my stock of m100 runs out. I've yet to test it on a hard/dense paint system... I'm interested to see how it does on a newer BMW or Audi and their rock hard clear.

In my limited testing with ClearCut I am convinced this is a game changer. Using as directed I was able to get full correction on a hammered Nissan Altima with a microfiber cutting pad on the Rupes21 with almost zero marring. Using a foam pad and working the compound through several cycles I was able to achieve full correction and a haze free finish. It's good stuff. I can see it becoming my go-to compound once my stock of m100 runs out. I've yet to test it on a hard/dense paint system... I'm interested to see how it does on a newer BMW or Audi and their rock hard clear.

That's good to hear! That's exactly what I'm looking for. I'm currently using m100 as my main compound.

I happen to like Fixer and Reflect alot. Shorter working time, no dusting, hardly anything to wipe off, awesome correction and loads of gloss.

I'll be curious to hear more reviews on this. I can't find anything that beats FCC on a Boss Microfiber pad for my black '15 Merc. E350. And I've tried several (FG 400, Sonax Cutmax, 3D 501 Compound and Ultimate Compound). Something that would give total correction on 4-5 passes even with a need for a follow up polish would be the goal for me.

I’ve been using Menzerna SHC300, Meguiars M101, Scholl Concepts S2 Orange for heavy defects on hard paints. My findings with these heavyweights are:

Menzerna SHC300-Awesome cut, worst finish that requires a finishing step.

Meguiars M101-Awesome cut, nicest finish but dusts more than the other two.

Scholl Concepts S2 Orange-Awesome cut, decent finish.

Back