Windshield washer additives/boosters

spewking

Reaction score
These additives are to keep windshield, help in cold temperatures, and refresh glass sealants.

Do they affect your car’s sealant, wax, or coating? I am afraid of using these boosters, some have hints of antifreeze in them, due to the spray getting on car and eating away my Wolfgang.

Thoughts?

David

I have been running the P21s additive for about a year now. First time I added too much I think and it was thick and streaky. The second time I cut it in half and it hasn't done that anymore. As for performance upgrade, I haven't noticed. I put silica on my windshield and I think that plays a bigger roll in the good performance of my wipers then the additive does.

The fluid, that is in each of my vehicles’
windshield washer reservoirs, already
contains the prerequisite additives.

No need to add additional additives.

Bob

Honestly I can't tell any difference at all with these "boosters" or additives. Probably better off saving your money for something else that you need.

I use the product sold from 3 0 3

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I put a couple capfulls of ONR in my reservoir.

IME, the cleaning power isn't boosted much, but it does make the water beading better.

I've recently been using the Rain-X washer fluid additive. It works surprisingly well for an OTC product. The only thing I noticed is after a few months of usage the product was building up on the wiper blades causing them to squeak. After a quick alcohol wipe over the rubber blades everything returned to normal.

Honestly I can't tell any difference at all with these "boosters" or additives. Probably better off saving your money for something else that you need.

I was thinking the same thing. That mckees booster did nothing my windows still froze last winter

Why would someone use these additives instead of the 0 or -10 (or even -40 in some places) washer fluid you can buy in just about any retail store or gas station this time of year? The stuff is roughly $5 a gallon and doesn't require any mixing.

It's less that $3 a gallon here and is good to -20 or -30...i chuckled first time I saw them. I know for a fact nothing works when it's more that -50....not even me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The climate where I live certainly doesn't necessitate any 'anti-freezing' capabilities... so for me, the liquid is literally just used to wash the window on the go.... so for that I use ONR at rinseless wash dilution. Seems to work well enough and if some gets on the paint in the process, I have no concerns.

Back