Essence Plus - top it or leave it alone

It is completely up to you. Reload or any other type of silica spray sealant would go good with it.

I would. But supposedly if you use it, it does not take off any underlying coating correct?

I would. But supposedly if you use it, it does not take off any underlying coating correct?

I had someone rub a spot on my black, Gloss Coated, rear quarter panel when the car was dirty.

I thought I would use the miracle of Essence Plus to treat just the spot. Of course I did the whole quarter panel for an experiment. I worked the 8" x 4" dumb touch spot with essence plus and the car pro gloss pad.

I guess it looked alright after, not 100 percent, maybe 50. It did however tear through my Gloss Coat. This was evidenced later after not washing when it rained. I had a flat no protection spot right there.

So if you use it, treat it like you are ready to burn through.

I had someone rub a spot on my black, Gloss Coated, rear quarter panel when the car was dirty.

I thought I would use the miracle of Essence Plus to treat just the spot. Of course I did the whole quarter panel for an experiment. I worked the 8" x 4" dumb touch spot with essence plus and the car pro gloss pad.

I guess it looked alright after, not 100 percent, maybe 50. It did however tear through my Gloss Coat. This was evidenced later after not washing when it rained. I had a flat no protection spot right there.

Did it go through the coating or just cover it? Not sure how you would know the difference.

I know cleaner waxes by hand can remove coatings but Essence Plus having no cleaners or abrasives and being meant to repair coatings removing a coating?

I don't see how this is possible as Essence Plus has no abrasives in it. It either masked the properties or the pad it was used with had some sort of cut to it. What pad did you use with it?

I don't see how this is possible as Essence Plus has no abrasives in it. It either masked the properties or the pad it was used with had some sort of cut to it. What pad did you use with it?

he used the carpro gloss pad

How did you prep the panel before applying essence plus?
Can it be that gloss coat don't use the same si chemistry. So it became some sort of bonding issue.

To the OP treat it like a you did before. It's the same as sio2 as in cquartz coatings.

How did you prep the panel before applying essence plus?
Can it be that gloss coat don't use the same si chemistry. So it became some sort of bonding issue.

To the OP treat it like a you did before. It's the same as sio2 as in cquartz coatings.

I washed and dried the car and fixed the spot.

I didn't notice the spot being any different until I took a break from washing for a month or so.

It acted like there was nothing on the paint during a drizzle rain. The surrounding area with essence plus acted sealed.

It makes a good 2-3 month sealant, I will admit, but didn't exactly fix the swirls as I expected.
It's one of those try it to find out things. If and when I switch from Optimum to Car Pro it is one product I wont bother with, for any reason.

It was an experiment knowing I should have just Hyper Polished and recoated.

It makes a good 2-3 month sealant, I will admit, but didn't exactly fix the swirls as I expected.

Essence Plus was not made to remove swirls, it has no abrasives to do so. It has some durable resins that can hide miro marring, but not meant to remove swirls.

I washed and dried the car and fixed the spot.

I didn't notice the spot being any different until I took a break from washing for a month or so.

It acted like there was nothing on the paint during a drizzle rain. The surrounding area with essence plus acted sealed.

It's one of those try it to find out things. If and when I switch from Optimum to Car Pro it is one product I wont bother with, for any reason.

It was an experiment knowing I should have just Hyper Polished and recoated.

I would believe that the essence plus did not bond properly to not being preped. It's recommended to wash with reset and to decon the paint before with ironx and Spotless and tarx if needed. Then wipe down with eraser. It's almost like applying a new coating layer. And some minor swirls can be fixed. The claimed longevity is up to a year but that we all know how that is sometimes.

I think that a recoat is more effective to the area or hold it up with some topper. But the extent of the swirls you got maybe the essence plus was not enough. I have seen some trying to use a more coarse pad with essence plus to get more correction. The downside is the longevity decrease.

Well fix in my brain meant the way it is marketed, pretty much what Rsurfer said.

It didn't remove dirt rub with finger tip swirls completely. I could try it again with my new snow brush swirls but why bother diddling.

I will Gloss Coat it again in the next month or so and correct 2 years of swirls.

I would believe that the essence plus did not bond properly to not being preped. It's recommended to wash with reset and to decon the paint before with ironx and Spotless and tarx if needed. Then wipe down with eraser. It's almost like applying a new coating layer. And some minor swirls can be fixed. The claimed longevity is up to a year but that we all know how that is sometimes.

I think that a recoat is more effective to the area or hold it up with some topper. But the extent of the swirls you got maybe the essence plus was not enough. I have seen some trying to use a more coarse pad with essence plus to get more correction. The downside is the longevity decrease.

A coarse pad with Essence Plus makes no sense, it has no abrasives, what reason would a coarse pad serve-pointless exercise.

Well fix in my brain meant the way it is marketed, pretty much what Rsurfer said.

It didn't remove dirt rub with finger tip swirls completely. I could try it again with my new snow brush swirls but why bother diddling.

I will Gloss Coat it again in the next month or so and correct 2 years of swirls.

Essence Plus needs to be worked in with a dual action. By hand it doesn’t work in fully and needs to be left to haze before wiping. With DA it works into the paint pores and can be wiped off immediately.

Essence Plus needs to be worked in with a dual action. By hand it doesn’t work in fully and needs to be left to haze before wiping. With DA it works into the paint pores and can be wiped off immediately.

My Flex and a Car Pro gloss pad were used.

It is super easy to use, wipes off effortlessly and looks fantastic.
Plus for the Plus it doesn't attract dust like a sealant.
I used Opti-seal for a drying aid after.

Come to think of it, my whole car has Essence Plus over Gloss Coat which, now, is covered with Optimum Hyper-Seal (used as a drying aid).

I am pretty sure I used it twice 3 months apart. The last being probably 6 months ago.

I have to get back to basics.

I had the same comments about Essence Plus not lasting long in it's protection. Corey of CarPro recommended that I let it sit on the paint for 20 mins or so after applying it to the entire painted surface and then wipe it off. I guess this is supposed to allow the SiO2 in it to cure a little more and I guess last longer. I have not tested this just yet in terms of long term durability.

A coarse pad with Essence Plus makes no sense, it has no abrasives, what reason would a coarse pad serve-pointless exercise.

The thought was to get a little more wash marring corrected. And used on the coating ending to get some more longevity out of it. The glosspad has some cut to it too even if it's low. A more coarse pad have a little more cut to it or does it not? Or why would carpro claim to get some minor swirls or marring or what you would call it out with the non abrasive essence plus? And seems like they claims to accually be corrected than just fill them. Note that I would not use it this way or use it in another way. The benefit was minimal from the guy who tested this.

Back