Is Sonax a good brand?

TheMidnightNarwhal

Reaction score
I'm looking at selling my Chemical Guys products to buy Sonax products instead. They seem to have everything except compound or polish which I use the OTC Meguiar's stuff.

The only thing I'm unsure is their wax, is it like a sealant that lasts a long time?

I don’t think they’d be interested in buying it. Lol. J/k

Haha right.

Also just the fact it's like, detail supplies, I don't think people buy those used or new from someone. Hopefully I will because it would pay for like a good 1/3 of the Sonax order if I go with it.

EDIT: Oh hold on, hahahaha I see now my bad wrong spelling.

I find Perfect Finish to be a fine product, possible 1 step medium polish that finishes well, at least for this amateur.

I haven't used the Perfect Finish (I'm sure it's awesome) but I get excellent results with their 04-06 polish. Recently used on a Black Mercedes E350 w/o ceramiclear and it came out flawless. I topped with Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant and then Fuzion Spray wax as a topper.

If you could get somebody to give you $10 for used, opened detail supplies, take it and run. If they're unopened, you might get somebody to jump on the whole package at a substantial discount.

German product.

From the people that brought us the diesel engine, U Boat, Autobahn, V2 rocket which led to the Apollo program..........

Yeah. German tech is nothing to sneeze at. Thank God they like their paint care as well......:buffing:

If you could get somebody to give you $10 for used, opened detail supplies, take it and run. If they're unopened, you might get somebody to jump on the whole package at a substantial discount.

Yeah... some products are unused but I took off the seal to smell them when I got them��

You might try craigslist at maybe half price and see if you get a nibble. Remembering that most of those products can be had at one of their frequent 30% off sales.

But yeah Sonax is good stuff? I'm more looking at their cleaning , wax and protectant stuff.

Sonax is a great product line.

These are the products I have used and all have performed great

EX 04-06
Cut & Finish
Cut Max
Brilliant Shine Detailer
Polymer Net Shield
CC36 Ceramic Coating

I’ve only used perfect finish a couple times and so far it’s pretty good. I need more time with it to make my decision.

Asked and answered. Yes, it's good stuff. It's German. It's pricey. There's many products that would probably suffice without having to go to a full line of Sonax, but if money is no object.

Asked and answered. Yes, it's good stuff. It's German. It's pricey. There's many products that would probably suffice without having to go to a full line of Sonax, but if money is no object.

Hmm Sonax seemed to be on par with Meguiar's at Canadian tire for example. The Sonax soap is same price, the Sonax synth liquid wax is about 20$ cheaper.

It’s like the European Meguiars. But higher price possibly due to importing it here. But could be higher $ ingredients too. Hard to say

Good stuff of all that I have tried. They do have cutting fluids. I can’t think of a product they don’t have.

Mostly would be a step up from chemical guys. There are ok chemical guys products. And some I even find pretty good. They got so many and so many are nearly the same thing.

I’m not that impressed by many products these days I find you just end up buying dozens a products that none really are that much better or different than what you already had.

There are many brands you could select to replace chemical guys with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I made my first Sonax order! I don't even own a nice car yet Im the MAN

I'll try them on my mom's car and try to make hers look good as new.

The Sonax products that AGO are selling is the top products Sonax are haveing. They are a big brand and have many other OFC products that is just reaching okay. But they have really steped up their game over the last years. And much of them you have available on AGO. The other great products that are not sold on AGO I think is because of they are not voc compatible. It's mainly cleaning products like degreasers.

There where a system which worked great to work by hand. Many used this in Sweden during the 80s and 90s by hand on their single stage paint that was oxidized. They are still available at the gas station shop here. Know you have better products and the longevity of protection is greater. Sadly many compare Sonax products from this time. But as said they have developed many great products know like PNS, BSD, polish and compound Cutmax, Cut&Finish, ex04-06 and perfect finish. Their cleaning products wheel cleaner plus, glass cleaner, textile cleaner for alcantra, multi star APC and engine cleaner. So you guys have their great products available and can't go wrong with either of them. I think that Easy Shine is from one of the old products that worked great and by hand on oxidized SS paint but with a upgraded protection in it.

Meguiars has a price setting in EU and most Scandinavia that is at high end products. You can tripple the price on what I have to buy it to and sometimes four times and double the cost. They have some great products but with the prices over here they compete at another level of brands. The prices over all is very low in US.

Back