Advice Please

nichocha33

Reaction score
My uncles truck was ran through wet paint and slung it all over his dually fenders. Well he took it to some hack detailer as we live about 3.5hrs apart. Well he gets it back and sends me pics for me to help get his truck back to 80 or so percent. Looks like the “detailer”used a scuffing pad.

Will this need to be wet sanded or just go at it with heavy cut pad and compound?
811d0b5faecc02ded8f86a9640926587.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eek! I wonder if a wool pad will put a dent in that. Wouldn’t surprise me if it needs wet sanding.

Good Lord. That is horrific.

Going with just common sense, I would try a compound at first (least aggressive method first).

Looking at that though, I'd be worried about some of those sanding marks cutting through most, if not all the clear coat. :(

Good luck, man.

My uncles truck was ran through wet paint and slung it all over his dually fenders. Well he took it to some hack detailer as we live about 3.5hrs apart. Well he gets it back and sends me pics for me to help get his truck back to 80 or so percent. Looks like the “detailer”used a scuffing pad.

Will this need to be wet sanded or just go at it with heavy cut pad and compound?

That's a easy fix. I would wet sand that with 1500 grit then with 2000 followed by compound and polish. As long as the scratches aren't deep. That would take me 15 mins.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

That's a easy fix. I would wet sand that with 1500 grit then with 2000 followed by compound and polish. How long is long as the scratches on.

Not sure what you mean at the end? Kind of my thoughts, might try some heavy cut first and see where I stand and if he is satisfied. This is free on my day off of work so not trying to kill myself but I’ll probably get some beer and dinner out of it lol

Not sure what you mean at the end? Kind of my thoughts, might try some heavy cut first and see where I stand and if he is satisfied. This is free on my day off of work so not trying to kill myself but I’ll probably get some beer and dinner out of it lol

Sorry was using voice to text. Fixed it lol

Sorry was using voice to text. Fixed it lol

Sounds pretty
Much along the lines of what I was thinking. I will keep you fellas updated on how it went down. I’ll be working on it next Monday

Wow that hack detailer really made a number on the paint!

Generally speaking if your father don't want to have anything else with this detailer to do. If your vehical is insured would not the insurance company help you out? This looks like damage that could be claimed by insurance. I live in Sweden so it can be different how insurance works for you. But here would your insurance company go after the detailers insurance company or the detailer himself. To fix it even if it would mean a repaint. Just interested how it works for you guys.

Wow that hack detailer really made a number on the paint!

Generally speaking if your father don't want to have anything else with this detailer to do. If your vehical is insured would not the insurance company help you out? This looks like damage that could be claimed by insurance. I live in Sweden so it can be different how insurance works for you. But here would your insurance company go after the detailers insurance company or the detailer himself. To fix it even if it would mean a repaint. Just interested how it works for you guys.
I mean that can be fixed without being painted. See that's why I tell people to pick your detailers carefully. That isn't that bad but the only problem is now u gotta pay someone else to fix the problem.
7059eed2c178e38306337f897e6c18cf.jpg

Now that I look at it. The person tried to wet sand. Those are sand paper marks.

Here what I ended up going with. Talked with my uncle about expectations he said he just wanted them les noticeable. So 2000 grit wet sand, cut with griots fast correcting on the correcting pad then finishing sealant on the perfecting pad , followed up by Megs UFF.

731f81b2310a9e4850560c075ea7c1d0.jpg
75f8d7f1bf9f9aa6e78e0f4db4e5a136.jpg
e4a95e32180d77c9967779e6c2b54fa4.jpg
df269caf6668f3ed82ae14f6640e5322.jpg

Here what I ended up going with. Talked with my uncle about expectations he said he just wanted them les noticeable. So 2000 grit wet sand, cut with griots fast correcting on the correcting pad then finishing sealant on the perfecting pad , followed up by Megs UFF.

731f81b2310a9e4850560c075ea7c1d0.jpg
75f8d7f1bf9f9aa6e78e0f4db4e5a136.jpg
e4a95e32180d77c9967779e6c2b54fa4.jpg
df269caf6668f3ed82ae14f6640e5322.jpg

Nice turn around! Love Griot's!

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app

Good job. This is one I had to fix about a month ago. The guy took a scratchy sponge to some adhesive that stuck to the car covering a broken window. It was like this all around the window, this was just the worst example.

View attachment 66238

View attachment 66239

Sometimes I wonder what goes through people’s heads. Your turn around looks great as well

I can't take any credit for that at all. When I said I had to fix it, I meant my business. My son did all the work because I was out of town for the day. The guy booked a "detail" and then sprung this on him when he got there. My son called me in a panic. I walked him through wet sanding, which he had seen me do but never done himself. I kept having him send me pictures of his progress. When he was finished, the guy was so stoked, he paid the full freight on the job and gave him a $50 tip.

Oh, just to expand on what was going through his head, apparently he googled how to remove adhesive from a car and one recommendation was olive oil and a scratchy sponge. I #### you not.

I can't take any credit for that at all. When I said I had to fix it, I meant my business. My son did all the work because I was out of town for the day. The guy booked a "detail" and then sprung this on him when he got there. My son called me in a panic. I walked him through wet sanding, which he had seen me do but never done himself. I kept having him send me pictures of his progress. When he was finished, the guy was so stoked, he paid the full freight on the job and gave him a $50 tip.

Oh, just to expand on what was going through his head, apparently he googled how to remove adhesive from a car and one recommendation was olive oil and a scratchy sponge. I #### you not.

Lmao, well it keeps people like you in business I guess. Your son did one helluva a job that’s for sure

Olive oil over adhesive remover? Some people never surprise me....but hey I guess it worked right it just scratched the s**t out of his car. Good job by your little one turning it around

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app

Here what I ended up going with. Talked with my uncle about expectations he said he just wanted them les noticeable.

So 2000 grit wet sand, cut with griots fast correcting on the correcting pad then finishing sealant on the perfecting pad , followed up by Megs UFF.

Nice save.

Go find the detailer that did the work and school him.

At least show him this thread on this forum.

:laughing:

Back