Product to prevent new Honda CRV cladding/molding from fading?

PBoy

Reaction score
Was thinking Optimum car wax

Would appreciate any suggestions

Meguiar's Ultimate LIQUID Wax works well on 'plastic stuff'.

Bill

Thanks, Bill

I didn't see where Meg's claims UV protection.

Sonax Polymer Net Shield or Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant

Was thinking Optimum car wax

Would appreciate any suggestions

I used OCW for 3 plus years on my Wrangler including the trim. It looked brand new when I sold it while most jeeps of the same age were already grey.

I'll second Allen's post on McKee's.

This is my second year using it, and it will absolutely last over a harsh Northeast winter. Applied in late October, it lasts (protects and looks black) until early April.

Slightly outperforms WETS in my opinion.

Thanks, Bill

I didn't see where Meg's claims UV protection.

I do believe that Meg's has mentioned that it does have UV protection. Only going by (failing) memory on that.

I have a '04 Chev PU that has a boat load of black plastic and it's still all shiny and not faded. Now, if I could find something that would work on "Line-X" bed coating all would be good with that world (LOL).

Bill

I do believe that Meg's has mentioned that it does have UV protection. Only going by (failing) memory on that.

I think a lot of mfgs make that claim based on the fact that a product is sitting on top of your surface filtering a small percentage of UV, but to me it seems like a half truth. A few products claim actual UV inhibitors and those are the ones I prefer.

I think a lot of mfgs make that claim based on the fact that a product is sitting on top of your surface filtering a small percentage of UV, but to me it seems like a half truth. A few products claim actual UV inhibitors and those are the ones I prefer.

Gonna have to agree with ya on that.

Bill

Most products these days I think have some sort of UV inhibitors in them. How effective they are on different surfaces is to be determined

OCW obviously has patented protection BUT does that only apply to clear coat paint ? I would imagine it would work but really plastic trim is different than paint

You can use 303 on there and buff it in real good every few weeks they claim 30-45 days protection

You could get the trim clear coated and have true multi year protection. I had our painter clear coat a couple items for outside that were known to fade

The trim coatings probably work best for the longest for a product you can buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you're on the right track with OCW - I'm sure that would work well if you apply every 3-4 months to ensure your protection stays strong. However, carpro dlux is a great option too and would likely give 12 months of consistent protection. I use dlux on my personal car and like the look and durability.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Coat it...

^^ this. I use GYEON's Q2 TRIM and love it. Here's a CRV I did last summer. I know the owner well and he is still loving it as it looks and is performing like day one still even after winter. I concur as my wife's vehicle has been done and is going strong too. It's so so so nice not having to "dress" it in order to make it look good after a strong wash. Maintains its nice dark satin luster wash after wash.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Dlux looks interesting, but maybe too pricey for my budget. :(

Back