car soap before during or after 3-5 gallon of water?

animescreen

Reaction score
Just quick question, doing the two bucket wash. Does it matter if you put the soap before the water, during the water or after wards? I usually pour it slowly while water gets in bucket. I don't do it before thinking it sinks to the bottom and same with after. But lot of soap studs build while doing it during so not sure what most do and if its a preference thing.. I don't wanna stir as much either. Guess best and quickest routine i'm looking for.

Just quick question, doing the two bucket wash. Does it matter if you put the soap before the water, during the water or after wards? I usually pour it slowly while water gets in bucket. I don't do it before thinking it sinks to the bottom and same with after. But lot of soap studs build while doing it during so not sure what most do and if its a preference thing.. I don't wanna stir as much either. Guess best and quickest routine i'm looking for.

Soap last or you will get a ton of suds overflowing your bucket. After pouring in your soap, blast it with a strong stream of water..this will mix the soap and create suds.

Useally fill the bucket between 3-4 gallons of water and put in the car soap. When I'm done with the prewash foam and PW clean rinsing it I activate and suds it up with the PW and starts to wash. I don't like too much of suds from the wash solution and this suits me with doing this way. The car soap gets thoroughly desolved when doing this. It's not much of water added either from the PW and it goes fast.

Water first then soap. If you don't you end with way too much suds.

i fill the bucket about 3/4 of the way and then add the soap...

Do you then mix the water?
Here’s a Mike Phillips tutorial video that,
IMO, covers all aspects that are needed to
accomplish the task of properly washing
your vehicle—from Alpha to Omega:

[video=YouTube;LOt--yizRoc]
YouTube
LOt--yizRoc[/video]

Also, to share this car washing
information in written form:

-On July 9th, 2008, Mike Phillips posted
the following on Meguiar’s online forum.

(I’m pretty sure it’s archived, somewhere,
here on AGO.)

“Fill your soap solution bucket with water first
and then add the soap and mix it around with
your hand. Why? If you measure out enough
soap for 4-5 gallons of water, then you need
4-5 gallons of water to dilute the soap into,
follow me?

If you pour the soap into the bottom of an
empty bucket and blast it with water, you will
get a bucket with about 1-2 gallons of water
and the rest will be suds. Now your dilution
levels are all whacked-out and you're using
too strong of a soap solution.

The goal is to have a full bucket of water with
the soap equally dispersed into the water. If
you can accomplish this, you can easily create
suds after the fact with a quick blast of water
or by using your fingers to agitate the soapy water.”

Yes...It might be ‘Olden’...
but the information is still Golden!

Bob

Nice to know. I bought his book but didn’t finish yet lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fill most the way with water, add my soap, stick my pressure washer nozzle in to the water and spray it while kind of moving it around, and then pull it out and spray the water for a second for some sick sudsy action.

I don’t really think it matters a ton, that’s just how I do it.

I fill with water, add the soap concentrate and then use the mitt to mix in the soap.

Definitely water first, then add soap. Swish around with grit guard or blast quickly with pressure washer.

Soap last or you will get a ton of suds overflowing your bucket. After pouring in your soap, blast it with a strong stream of water..this will mix the soap and create suds.

This works best for me

Here’s a Mike Phillips tutorial video that,
IMO, covers all aspects that are needed to
accomplish the task of properly washing
your vehicle—from Alpha to Omega:

[...]

Bob

Watch how he mixes the bucket with his hand because "suds aren't a crucial part of the washing process." And I agree!

Watch how he mixes the bucket with his hand because "suds aren't a crucial part of the washing process." And I agree!

You’ll have to pry my bubbles from my cold, dead, hands.. that are clutching my bubbly wash mitt!!

Put about 3 gallons of water in the bucket first and then add the soap. I like to use the Mike Phillips method of using my hand for mixing. Then give it a blast of water to build up the suds.

Back