Griots polisher broke

curiousgeorge

Reaction score
The entire weight sheared off. Anyone ever run into this?

Repair tips? Polisher is seven years old but I only use it once a year on 2 separate cars

View attachment 69169

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

That’s wild. Call Griot’s. They are lifetime warranty!

^^^As stated above. Excellent customer service and warranty! They will take care of you.

That’s sucky... call Griot’s and update us on the customer service experience. Should be amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with all, I did just that a few weeks ago on another model, G15.

Tip, I you purchased direct from GG then they will give you instructions to return it free of shipping cost.
If you purchased from AG, then you pay the return and ship it back to Indiana. The warranty unit should be shipped directly back to you.
Also on the form, you can request to repair or replace, but that might be different given your model no longer is in production nor supply at their facility.

That is what happened to me.

It did shear off while I was polishing fortunately I pulled off in time and no damage other than a hood and 2 front doors that need to be polished.

AG told me to contact Griots. Let’s see how this goes...

My G9 died on me during a job about a month ago. I called Griots, I returned the defective unit and I just received the new one last week.

That sucks. Every brand will have a dud here or there, but at least with Griot's it won't cost you an arm & a leg to get the entire unit replaced. In fact, it'll be free.

And, you might even get a GG9 instead of the GG6. :)

How is the G9 compared to the G6. Griots told me to mail in polisher and there may be a “charge” bc they no longer make it and may have to send me a G9

These have a variable speed trigger mechanism, right Chris?
No variable trigger on the G9. All or nothing. My G15 does have a variable trigger
aaf8bc9ac9e359ceb2a256fd8df4e94d.jpg
f60a5e0440ac70ebeb9a779b10b4cdf9.jpg

Just an update. Griots called and said there is a $30 price difference....so about $50 total my shipping and all and they’re sending me a G9. All in all my satisfied when the replacement arrives

Just an update. Griots called and said there is a $30 price difference....so about $50 total my shipping and all and they’re sending me a G9. All in all my satisfied when the replacement arrives

That's odd I thought. Now there's "price differences"? Some people get free shipping tags, others don't, others free exchange and other's don't? What gives?

That's odd I thought. Now there's "price differences"? Some people get free shipping tags, others don't, others free exchange and other's don't? What gives?

I think it varies based on how old (the generation) your old tool is. If it's the latest of the GG6 then I think there's no difference for them to send a G9. When it's an older tool they charge a bit.

I know everyone would like a free upgrade but 7 years after buying his first tool he's getting a much better tool for about 1/3 of the cost of a new one. I'd say that's a good deal. If he said he doesn't want to pay I think he'd get a refurb GG6 for no extra money.

Lifetime warranty is a lifetime warranty. This is not a lifetime warranty IMO.

I understand having to pay shipping but not the extra.

Perhaps Griots warranty isn’t as great as people think it is.

Back