New Opti-Coat Hyper Seal

Status
Not open for further replies.

CleanIT

Reaction score
I tried the new Hyper-Seal formulation from Optimum/Opti-Coat over the weekend. This is like Opti-Seal on steroids, Sio2 and SIC. It can be used in the sun with no issues, which I tried and it worked perfectly. The only other product I'm interested in at the moment is CanCoat but I want to see how HS does.

d3a7292d21c73c41e1d335358a73ac1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

87f626e9c9e0b991c5051de6eee38a43.jpg

Look/s like it put the shine down on that BISON! Too new to be in the AG store yet.

It has a grabby nature to it.

Look/s like it put the shine down on that BISON! Too new to be in the AG store yet.

It is exclusively sold through optimum as is the entire opti-coat maintenance line. It has been out for a long time and this is the newest formula update.

Only sold via Opti-Coat.

Don't expect the "crazy beading" that other products of this nature typically produce.

But, expect resistance to water spotting and stubborn stains.

I actually prefer the foam application process. Very smooth and efficient. Lays down the perfect amount for a wipe on walk away option. Very rarely do I have to come back over Opti or Hyper Seal to wipe anything off when I use the foam applicator.

I have used both by spraying the product on the paint, and wiping with a microfiber towel, but I didn't feel it let the sealants have time to "set up".

Thanks for the tips dlc. Didn't think of that. I imagine with repeated use the durability will get a boost. Our cars sit under trees.

Thanks for the tips dlc. Didn't think of that. I imagine with repeated use the durability will get a boost.

We had a bit of rain overnight and beading was really good. But what I noticed is it didn't leave any spots, which other products I've used did. That's a huge plus for me. My cars sit under trees and are loaded with contaminants daily.

No prob!

So far I like it more than CarPro Reload and Duragloss Nanoglass ceramic spray sealant. Reload has gorgeous beads though.

I use a lot of Gloss Coat, and Hyper Seal seems to reinvigorate it. This allows me or offer a "Booster Wash" option to my menu - not that I wanted to add another item, but it allows me to further help my customers that have purchased a coating. It also allows me to add another protection option. Somwthing between sealant and coating, which I did not have before, however I may not position it that way.

Hopefully it really helps with that tree mess.

I used Gyeon Prep and wasn't impressed. IGL Precoat worked much better for me as a paint prep.

2ffb8809d23c9197f2fb87ee74f71810.jpg

Average beading from Hyper Seal.

I’d recommend you jump to wolfgang or Adams Ceramic spray coating. I don’t feel these are true coating lite’s but stronger than most of the ceramic sealants you are using.

Easy as your sealant to apply but longer results.

This is Adam’s about a month old.

5c23380bc816a5d08c4634598f256f20.jpg

Or even a CoatingLite. CanCoat is amazing stuff and just as easy. Apply then wipe off and you’ll get a year or so.

Will get you into a true coating in no time.

2ffb8809d23c9197f2fb87ee74f71810.jpg

Average beading from Hyper Seal.

Dang that looks pretty good.

It was misty the night before last, and for some reason the beads were tighter.

I might post a pic on the Optimum FB page later. Never got the process down for posting pics here.

Not sure what to make of this. Did a quick wash last night. Zero protection left. Could the solvent in HS have dissolved remaining protection I didn’t completely remove? Clearly didn't bond properly. Or Hyper Seal is that weak....which I find hard to believe. Opti-Seal only lasted 2 weeks for me.

15ad338d9199215c7738e498304ae973.jpg

Looks good homeslice on initial but bad durability I seeI tend to rant on and on about opti and the underwhelming Gloss Coat and how they should make something better. Plus it’s $60 for 10mls

I’d recommend you jump to wolfgang or Adams Ceramic spray coating. I don’t feel these are true coating lite’s but stronger than most of the ceramic sealants you are using.

Easy as your sealant to apply but longer results.

This is Adam’s about a month old.

5c23380bc816a5d08c4634598f256f20.jpg

Or even a CoatingLite. CanCoat is amazing stuff and just as easy. Apply then wipe off and you’ll get a year or so.

Will get you into a true coating in no time.

I may end up using CanCoat at some point. I normally don't experiment with so many products so often but I enjoy it, for the time being. That Adam's Graphene is really nice product. Also interesting is that Meg Hybrid Paint Coating. Top that off periodically with HCD or Bead Booster and I think that would be a good option too.

Not sure what to make of this. Did a quick wash last night. Zero protection left. Could the solvent in HS have dissolved remaining protection I didn’t completely remove? Clearly didn't bond properly. Or Hyper Seal is that weak....which I find hard to believe. Opti-Seal only lasted 2 weeks for me.

What car wash are you using? Just playing devil's advocate, Any chance it's not rinsing fully thus covering up Hyper Seal's behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back