Leather Care

dieselfan1

Reaction score
I have two brand new Silverados. Both have leather (parts are pleather I'm sure, but my High Country seems to be real leather)
I'm looking for protection without the shine.
What do you pros use??

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I'm no pro but I like the Gyeon Leather coating but Colorlock seems to be very popular

Griots 3 in 1 leather conditioner

Griot's Garage Leather 3-in-1 dries clear, leaving no glossy, sticky residue behind. The pleasant leather fragrance will make your interior smell new again.

Griots Garage Leather 3-in-1 Spray

Griots 3 in 1 leather conditioner

Griot's Garage Leather 3-in-1 dries clear, leaving no glossy, sticky residue behind. The pleasant leather fragrance will make your interior smell new again.

Griots Garage Leather 3-in-1 Spray
The fact that it dries clear now solves an issue there used to be with that (white residue left behind). Got a new bottle but haven't tried it yet.

Pinnacle Vinyl and Leather Coating is my favorite because I can use it on most of the interior for protection. It darkens slightly but leaves a nice matte sheen and protection. I clean with P&S Interior Express prior to the coating. Actual leather I usually clean with Connolly Hide Cleaner.

It depends on how far the rabbit hole you want to go really. There are different types or leather and different processes. To keep it high level my favorite 1 step product is Pinnacle Leather cleaner & conditioner. It gives very good results and doesn't take too much time by nature of a 1 step product. From a 2 step process I like Wolfgangs leather cleaner and conditioner a lot. It is very easy to work with and these two products work on most everything. There is a sheen to the wolfgang products, but it is natural imo. I have used this on foe leather(for the fun of it) to unprotected nappa leather, it works.

I’ll second the PBL Leather&Vinyl Coating. More like a sealant but leaves a nice brand new matte finish.

Looks amazing on the chevy plastics and can be used on most everything inside.

I’ve used Gyeon Leather shield (true coating) in leather seats and it is nice. Good protection.

Because the seats in Camaro were Aniline I couldn’t coat so i used Gyeon LeatherCoat and that is nice.

The PBL L&V is Nicer than the GLC but is much more expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will 3rd the PBL Leather/Vinyl coating, it does a great job, and leaves the interior with a rich-looking finish!!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

I know Leatherique and Colorlock get love on forums for leather, whats everyone's experience that tried Polish Angel's 2 leather products?? Just as good as some of the mentioned products in this thread or not??

The padded section of my dashboard gets sticky and/or greasy from heat, or sometimes just sunlight alone. I can clean it with OPC or an interior cleaner, but the stickiness eventually returns. Would something like the Pinnacle Leather and Vinyl Coating prevent the stickiness from reaching the surface? I've tried products like Optimum Leather Protectant and another by McKees, but they actually seemed to make it worse. Thanks.

The padded section of my dashboard gets sticky and/or greasy from heat, or sometimes just sunlight alone. I can clean it with OPC or an interior cleaner, but the stickiness eventually returns. Would something like the Pinnacle Leather and Vinyl Coating prevent the stickiness from reaching the surface? I've tried products like Optimum Leather Protectant and another by McKees, but they actually seemed to make it worse. Thanks.

Maybe look into getting one the heat shields for the inside of the windshield. I have one and use it all summer. It does work to keep temps down and save the dash.

Maybe look into getting one the heat shields for the inside of the windshield. I have one and use it all summer. It does work to keep temps down and save the dash.
Agreed! I use it year round. Saves from fading, cracking, and heat.

Winter sun rays does damage too

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Another option if it is heat related is to get ceramic tint such as 3M Ceramic IR. I’ve rolled down my windows in the middle of summer and get blasted by heat but as soon as I roll up the window, nothing. You can get it for the windshield as well.

Before doing this you need to check the laws in your state. Some states don't allow it even when it's a clear film.
When I had my windows tinted they had a 78% tint and it is exclusively for knocking down UV rays but it looks almost clear in my opinion.

Back