Anyone in So Cal interested as a product tester for a new coating

The Guz

Reaction score
Recently received the new coatings from DIY Detail. Going to try something different and make an offer to 3 individuals local to me where they would being their vehicle over and they help polish and coat with one of the three new coatings. I would get the content , you would get some time and of course be the tester of the product. This is not only for a newbie. It is open to anyone.

Here is the video. My contact information is on the video to reach out to me.

I think this is a cool chance & it is very nice of you to offer it. :thankyousign:

But I'm not sure its right for me at this time.

Gonna be great for three people local to you though. Looking forward to seeing the video.

Also, if you don't get 3 people on the forum you might be able to do a giveaway or something (but I guess giveaway winners might not be able/willing help polish...)

Hey Guz,
I haven't coated my car yet. I would be game. I would enjoy meeting you and help.

I think this is a cool chance & it is very nice of you to offer it. :thankyousign:

But I'm not sure its right for me at this time.

Gonna be great for three people local to you though. Looking forward to seeing the video.

Also, if you don't get 3 people on the forum you might be able to do a giveaway or something (but I guess giveaway winners might not be able/willing help polish...)

What makes you think it is not the right time? Take this as a learning opportunity if one is intimaidated by polishing or applying a coating.

Hey Guz,
I haven't coated my car yet. I would be game. I would enjoy meeting you and help.

Hit me up. My contact info is in the video. We can work something out.

This is a really great oppertunity for someone in your area. Awesome idea mike

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

No surprise at all that Mike is offering this.

Great guy, great forum member, and a professional.

Anyone nearby would be remiss not to jump on this offer.

Someone took me up on this already and is coming by Wednesday. Two more coatings left to choose from.

Thanks to Brian for taking the 1 hour drive to have a good time. Was a pleasure meeting you.

Brian took advantage of having a DIY Detail coating applied to his car based on my last video.

We did a quick one step with Dr. Beasley’s NSP 45 as he had done a correction not long ago. The one step was to remove the spray sealant applied. We went with the NSP to not have to do panel wipe.

He chose the 5 year DIY Detail ceramic coating as he wanted the highest gloss. The coating is super slick and easy to work with. He did good applying his first coating asking good questions to help him out and not feel intimidated. Overall a good time.

A couple photos of his 2018 Lincoln MKZ.

c23263d0598d95c9e8a189d689efc2bd.jpg

a674f73ddd834b285e4bc2379276462d.jpg

5f879a9ddf541c06d842b56480dcd27a.jpg

Video is up. I am telling you this was a wise choice for Brian to come up and get hands on with applying a professional grade coating. Applying a coating is not hard at all. I still have two more coatings with the 3 year and 8 year.

I only used Bilt Hamber. It shed it! It was like a chemical affect of some sort? It was hard to rinse off compared to normal. It was weird! Like a gum affect.
Any idea Guz or recommendations?
I won't use BH again.

I only used Bilt Hamber. It shed it! It was like a chemical affect of some sort? It was hard to rinse off compared to normal. It was weird! Like a gum affect.
Any idea Guz or recommendations?
I won't use BH again.

Not sure as I never used anything bilt hamber. Try a different soap.

Back