What color foam pad do you find yourself using the most for defect removal?

Orange, Yellow has to much bite for me, if I can't get the cut I want from Orange I grab some PFW.

I'm going to place an order for pads and I was just curious what everyone's take was. I'm gonna order 6 orange lc flat pads. :)

Orange without white is like pancakes without syrup.

I'm going to place an order for pads and I was just curious what everyone's take was. I'm gonna order 6 orange lc flat pads. :)

Don't forget some jeweling pads . I too need some more flat pads

Orange, Yellow has to much bite for me, if I can't get the cut I want from Orange I grab some PFW.

:dblthumb2:

I did a white vehicle with M105 & PFW and relaxed the pressure for the final passes. Inspected under halogens, Brinkmann and direct sun and ended up going straight to LSP with excellent results. PFW cuts well but it can also be much more gentle than yellow. I've always had marring issues with LC yellow.

YMMV... TL

:dblthumb2:

I did a white vehicle with M105 & PFW and relaxed the pressure for the final passes. Inspected under halogens, Brinkmann and direct sun and ended up going straight to LSP with excellent results. PFW cuts well but it can also be much more gentle than yellow. I've always had marring issues with LC yellow.

YMMV... TL
Isn't the PFW more aggressive than yellow?

Going to try Kompressure yellow next with Ultrafina instead of the blue pad.

Are you going to try it with the makita or the GG. (Are you talking about the gold ones)?

Last edited:
Are you talking about the gold ones? I would be very interested to know what you think. If you like it better let me know.

When I had my Z06 or detailed any other C5/C6, I found myself reaching for yellow far more often than orange.

I just always had a TON of marring from yellow, but I can't say I've tackled any C5/C6's.

Geeeeeezzz guys, there's so many factors in machine polishing, it can be frustrating for a beginner like myself, but I still love it!!! I've already gotten better from when I first started a short time ago, but still have a long way to go!

Back