Best sealant for less than $20??

kovalchuk71

Reaction score
I saw we had an under $25 thread, but how about something even lower :dblthumb2:? Im on a budget and cannot afford the 3.0 WG (as much as I would love to). Id like to keep the sealant under $20. Any suggestions? How is Griots garage ($14.99), Duragloss ($10.99) and 3M ($16.99)?

Autogeek has Collinite #845 listed with the sealants. It costs $15, plus when you purchase it you get a free bonus of a Cobra Microfiber Detailing Cloth. I put it on my car a couple weeks ago and it seems to be holding up very nicely with all this snow and ice we've had. Highly recommend it so far. :xyxthumbs:

I may be wrong but I believe that Collinite #845 is a true wax. However from what I understand it has the durability of a sealant.

Last edited:
I may be wrong but I believe that Collinite #845 is a true wax. However from what I understand it has the durability of a sealant.

I think that is true - that the Collinites are waxes with the durability of a sealant. However, Autogeek has 476s and 915 listed with the carnauba waxes, while 845 is listed with the sealants. I don't know why this is. I have both 845 and 915. Haven't gotten to use 915 yet, but the 845 sure is holding up great.

Ultima Paint Guard Plus, which is currently on sale for less than $20

845 IW by far the best. Not sure why NXT is even
listed as a sealant. You can't layer it and it's durability
is aweful.

For under 20 bucks Id say use Megs #21,now if u wanna get creative take advantage of one one the higher cost sealants when their BOGO trade or sell one of the many 15-20% off deals. If you check now Souveran is BOGO which means you'd end up paying 20bucks a piece.

I haven't tried it and given all the protectants I currently own, I probably will never try it; but based on all the testimonies I have read on various forums, I would go with Duragloss 105 as the best value in the under $20 range. I have yet to read a single complaint about it. People love its carnauba-like look, love its ease of application, and love its durability. And at $11 for a 16 oz bottle, how can you beat the price?!

Duragloss looks great, but does it really last for an entire year? I actually enjoy detailing my car haha.

Also, will DP Maxwax look good on top of it?

Last edited:
Duragloss looks great, but I really dont want sealant protection for an entire year. I enjoy detailing my car haha.

Ok.. Then strip it off every few months when you want to detail your car.:dunno: The point of using sealants are for its durability over carnauba. Maybe you want to start looking at beauty waxes then. They usually have very short lives.

I think you misunderstood me. 6-8 months is awesome (which is why I want the sealant), but not all year. :) I didnt know I could just strip it...

Collinite 476s gets my vote. It is a hybrid of carnauba wax and sealants which is the best of both worlds, highly durable, and a bargain since one tin will last you a very long time.

Just added 105 to my order. Thanks everyone :dblthumb2: (well maybe not because thats more money I had to spend ;))

Can I put DP Max Wax over the DG 105?

Duragloss and FinishKare should both fit the cost and offer alot of bang for the buck.

Back