3M green automotive masking tape?

WRAPT C5Z06

Reaction score
Does it leave less "goo" on the paint when removed compared to the blue? The blue seems to leave a lot.

Not that I've noticed...how long are you leaving it on there for?.

Not very long at all. Just long enough to do a test spot. Maybe I just bought low quality blue tape?

my experience has been that the blue leaves less also. maybe you got a bad roll? only time i really had trouble was when i had a total brain fart, forgot it was there and wiped some wax and grease remover over top of it. Boy did that make for a mess. i would say for a couple bucks get the green and see if you like it better.

my experience has been that the blue leaves less also. maybe you got a bad roll? only time i really had trouble was when i had a total brain fart, forgot it was there and wiped some wax and grease remover over top of it. Boy did that make for a mess. i would say for a couple bucks get the green and see if you like it better.
Did you mean green?

no, sorry for the confusion, im very tired. the blue tape was on and off very cleanly and easily for me, more so than the green.

I am in the green corner. The blue always seemed to leave more residue for me.

I have both blue painter's tape and the 3M tape. I'll have to see which one leaves more residue when I do my first polishing job.

I use both. The blue leaves residues on SOME surfaces but a quick spray of IPA takes it right off. Nothing that I would consider buying a $6 roll of 3M tape for. I'll stick to the 1" wide for 3 bucks and buy another blue roll at 2" for $5 that has twice as much tape as the 3M. Just my preference though.

Back