Chrome Wheels

outlander

Reaction score
A co worker of mine just bought a 2010 Hyundai Sante Fe white. She had me detail it for her. I clayed it first, then applied PB wax. On the trim I applied Black Wow. Now she wants to purchase chrome wheels! How do you care for them and what product would you use? Tried to get hewr to buy clear coat wheels instead. Need some feedback. Thanks

A co worker of mine just bought a 2010 Hyundai Sante Fe white. She had me detail it for her. I clayed it first, then applied PB wax. On the trim I applied Black Wow. Now she wants to purchase chrome wheels! How do you care for them and what product would you use? Tried to get hewr to buy clear coat wheels instead. Need some feedback. Thanks
Use a wheel sealant and top with a wheel wax.

I'd prefer chrome wheels over CC, even in a winter climate. As long as you keep them protected you can keep them nice. I had OEM chrome wheels on a pickup truck for 11 winters and they looked as good when I traded as the day I bought it.

CC frequently deteriorates around wheel weights and there's nothing you can do when it happens. With chrome if they start getting a bit grungy you can clean 'em up with SOS, polish, rewax and you're done. Whether you choose a sealant or wax, keep 'em protected. I used Collinite 845 on mine. Nothing better for long-term protection, IMO.

TL

If true chrome wheels use Griots Chrome Wheel Cleaner, and protect with DP or Poorboys Sealant. Easy enough ...

I use DG 105..it's stronger than the 951. You can always spritz the 951 ever few washes too.

I use DG 105..it's stronger than the 951. You can always spritz the 951 ever few washes too.
I apply DG105 over DGPBA. DG claims PBA extends life of sealant. Works better than wheel glaze IME. Spray OCW or Four Star wax after washes. I have used Optimum metal polish too, I have Flitz but havent tried yet. I have not needed wheel cleaner since applying DG105.

Back