after winter--light polish

Bubbabuff

Reaction score
Since winter is coming to an end whats a good fine/light swirl remover to be used with
rotary? Would meg's 205 be good??

Yes as that is what i will be trying for the first time and am hoping from what i have read it will be all that is needed.

205 has a lot more cut than listed on the bottle, IMO. It's a pretty strong "finishing" polish.

My friend did some wet sanding with 2500 grit, and he removed most of them with 205 in one pass. That's fairly strong for a finishing polish, IMO.

Hmm... he may have got it to a shiny state... but I bet you could see some wetsanding marks with a trained eye.

Hmm... he may have got it to a shiny state... but I bet you could see some wetsanding marks with a trained eye.
I agree. He said most of them, not all. Basically, he said it has more cut than a lot of people think.

Last edited:
Menzerna 85rd on a white pad? Lets see what others say.

Last edited:
If the car is in need of just a maintenance polish/light polish then use 85rd if you have a DA or rotary.... or you have the other choice of using 3M ultrafine strictly with a rotary... both on blue pads.

I have the 3m ultrafine, i'll try it, Thanks

I have the 3m ultrafine, i'll try it, Thanks

Ultrafina is a great choice, that is what I use to finish with. Now on the down side of using it. Make sure you use a finishing pad with it or it will fill a little. Do not use a white pad on down with it. I would suggest a blue finishing pad.

I got my sample 12 oz. of 205 this week and used it on my top paint surfaces today. I used a white CCS pad and DA on setting 5. It did a great job removing the micro tick marks that I previously created using too much pad (meguiar's burgundy, later found out not recommended for the DA) while going after some scratches.

The 205 does definitely take some time to work. I used 4 slow passes on each area and was impressed that the 205 stays wet for so long.

I'm thinking that the 205 and Ultimate Compound are likely the only polishes I will ever need although I may try some 105 just to compare to the UC.

I am going to try the m205 with the surbuf pads i bought last year.I used them with SIP and 106FF and they worked out great.Like a lot of us on here i just cant stay content with something i know will work...so i bought the M205 and now have to try it out.

Back