PDA

View Full Version : M105 w/ cyan HT pad

CEE DOG
05-17-2010, 08:21 PM
I used 105 for the first time the other day. I expected it to be difficult after alot of the things I read. But talking with Dana and Tad a while back I was convinced to try it. I was going to get the big bottle but ended up trying 8 oz. to make sure I liked it. Anyway with my Menz and WG polishes I normally place some polish on the pad and then spread on a 3 setting real quick before getting to work.
Tad told me it would be important to apply the 105 to the entire face of the pad so I followed his tip. Just grabbed a latex glove and rubbed it across the pad. Then placed my Flex 3401 on the paint and got to work. WOW, this stuff really cuts! It removes serious scratches in no time at all. It did look to be drying after just a couple passes but I simply spritzed the pad 1 time with water and kept moving. Anyway I was so impressed I had to share. For removing defects there is no question this is the right product for me! I will have a big bottle in my next order. I should say that I am a big Menz and WG fan and really didn't even want to this but man I'm sure glad I did.

I've got the 205 as well but haven't tried that yet.

Question for you guys. The bottle says to go speed 4 or 5 on a DA. Why is that?
I used speed 6....

DARK HORSE
05-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Glad to see that you liked it Corey, I figured you would! It is definitely my go to polish! The nice thing is that you can adjust the cut by pad selection. I'm not sure about the speed for your Flex, but as for my PCxp; I set the speed to 6 and let her rip! I also continue to work it without adding any spritzs of any liquids even as it starts to dust, as long as there is a moist trail of product. I just watch to make sure that I'm not dry buffing.

Oh ya, and it's definitely not difficult, as I can use it...lol

Rsurfer
05-17-2010, 08:32 PM
I used 105 for the first time the other day. I expected it to be difficult after alot of the things I read. But talking with Dana and Tad a while back I was convinced to try it. I was going to get the big bottle but ended up trying 8 oz. to make sure I liked it. Anyway with my Menz and WG polishes I normally place some polish on the pad and then spread on a 3 setting real quick before getting to work.
Tad told me it would be important to apply the 105 to the entire face of the pad so I followed his tip. Just grabbed a latex glove and rubbed it across the pad. Then placed my Flex 3401 on the paint and got to work. WOW, this stuff really cuts! It removes serious scratches in no time at all. It did look to be drying after just a couple passes but I simply spritzed the pad 1 time with water and kept moving. Anyway I was so impressed I had to share. For removing defects there is no question this is the right product for me! I will have a big bottle in my next order. I should say that I am a big Menz and WG fan and really didn't even want to this but man I'm sure glad I did.

I've got the 205 as well but haven't tried that yet.

I used speed 6....
Full speed with 105 on a da. Using a Griot is tough to keep it on 6.

Bunky
05-18-2010, 11:41 AM
I used speed 6....

From what I recall from MOL, Meguairs has never recommended using at DA at speed 6.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-18-2010, 12:06 PM
From what I recall from MOL, Meguairs has never recommended using at DA at speed 6.
Meguiars also doesn't recommend using a cutting pad with a DA. :laughing: There's no way you can remove deep defects with just a polishing pad, no matter how strong M105 is.

Corey, I use speed 6/M105 on the 3401 all the time!

A4 1.8tqm
05-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Nice, I've been wanting to try the 105/205 combo for awhile, I just don't need any more polish at the moment... soon though!

Meguiars also doesn't recommend using a cutting pad with a DA. :laughing:

:laughing: