Water-based vs Solvent-based dressing

GK Auto Spa

Reaction score
Which do you prefer?

It really doesn't matter to me as long as it doesn't sling on the car when my customers drive off.

I tried this Simoniz because i wanted the applicator that came with the bottle & it doesn't sling. It would be hard to get it in bulk i suppose.

any profitable suggestion on the "Sling Delimma"?

Picture155.jpg

I have tried the Meg's Hot Shine and durability was minimal.

I find alot of those OTC dressings are quite oily and glossy but do seem to spit more unless rebuffed, I prefer water based as they "SEEM" to dry quicker.

I have never had a sling problem with water based. I haave used 303, Opti Bond, Wheel Wax and DP Version 2. New DP dries to a nice finish that cant sling!

I've never had Pinnacle Black Onyx sling on me. I absolutely love it, the smell is heaven. And I will pay up for it, such a lasting matte shine and nice product.

I've never had Pinnacle Black Onyx sling on me. I absolutely love it, the smell is heaven. And I will pay up for it, such a lasting matte shine and nice product.

I love the stuff too but I find it has more of the high shine that I like. I am soooo hoping it goes on BOGO really soon.

I like Meg All Season Dressing, you can make it glossy or more more matte.

I love the stuff too but I find it has more of the high shine that I like. I am soooo hoping it goes on BOGO really soon.

It seems to have a "high shine" around here on the detailing forums, it seems low shine to me, but that's because all I used was OTC crap products for years :props:

This stuff really is hard to get off, which is a good thing, you can wash it several times with ph neutral soap and it doesn't touch it. Took 2 go overs of 4:1 APC+ to get off :xyxthumbs:

i only use water based products.. i hate oily silicone greasy tires...ithink someone posted a while back thats called getto shine!!!!! thought that was funny

Back