what is your favorite trim product ?

NiSyam

Reaction score
hey guys

i need something to use for all my exterior trim. It rains often where i leave so i need something that wont stain my paint when it gets in contact with water. Something that will restore faded plastic and give it a nice original look..

thanks!

I like Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant. Leaves a nice new look, doesn't run, and lasts a decent amount of time. Smells nice too. :xyxthumbs:

303 works great! Applied to badly faded (black) plastic and restored back to original color.

not a fan of 303. i find that it doesnt really restore plastics.

thanks

Poorboy's World Trim Restorer and Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant are the best I've found to date.

Poorboys TR for badly faded trim is my choice.

On 'restored' trim I tend to head back to 303 and use my Gummi Pfledge on all of the gaskets.

I like Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant. Leaves a nice new look, doesn't run, and lasts a decent amount of time. Smells nice too. :xyxthumbs:
I have to agree with the Ultimate Protectant, as far as protection and endurance goes. However, it is not for restoration. I applied it to some mildly faded door pillars and the next day they were mostly back to their original state. I have a bottle of Mothers Back to Black but haven't tried it yet. Next step would be to grab this PB Trim Restore I hear so much about.

For the exterior and interior trim parts that are well taken care of, Megs UP is fantastic though.

Now, how do you keep those rubber parts protected and not restored so you dont have to restore them.

Now, how do you keep those rubber parts protected and not restored so you dont have to restore them.

autogeek_2113_13030064

Without hesitation - Poorboy's World Trim Restore.

I have ultimate protectant, but I cant' seem to make it go on right. After a while there are dots everywhere..and they have colors around them..odd.

I have ultimate protectant, but I cant' seem to make it go on right. After a while there are dots everywhere..and they have colors around them..odd.
Try applying the product with a foam paint brush. Let it soak in for a few minutes, then wipe the excess and buff with a MF to a nice, even finish.

Another vote for Poorboy's World Trim Restore! Great product!

Back