The blue painters tape or the purple?

Silverstone

Reaction score
Which do you use? The purple is extra delicate but I don't know if the machine will pull it up or not so I 'stuck' with the blue. Although pulling that one up shows that it sticks like heck.

Let's see............ Green here too but I have to admit I have blue as well. I prefer the green but it is pricey compared to the blue painters tape.

I started with Blue tape but it would leave a little sticky residue when trying to peel up the corner when taking the tape off the vehicle. I switched to green and it will leave no residue. The green is automotive where blue isn't. I know the green is more expensive but IMO you get what you pay for. I bought some green tape here at AG as I shopped around and the prices seemed the same everywhere. Last time I was in my local NAPA store, they had some on sale so I bought a few more rolls.

It's been awhile since I've used anything but the green 3M tape we sell. No complaints here.

I use both the green and blue. Just depends on what I have on hand at the time.

I use blue, but I'll have to try green to see if there is a noticeable difference in how user-friendly it is.

I use green too. Has anyone tried the new Meg's tape? Matt? Scott? Feed back please

Has anyone tried the new Meg's tape?

I just used the 3/4" and 2" Meguiar's tape last week on a detail. I like it. It's not quite as thick as the green tape, but it sticks well and removes easy enough. You can not beat the price on it right now either. I was actually using some 3/8" 3M 233+ green tape and for some reason it was just not sticking very good, so I grabbed my new Meguiar's tape and it worked just fine.

I like the 3m green tape over the blue or purple. The big thing is just how much better it sticks to paint and trim than the blue does which is great for laying it out. Blue is good if you have something that is very clean and easy to stick to, but on an average car you're hard pressed to get it to lay down nice to avoid ripping it up with a rotary.

I use blue, but I don't like it. Seems to have some sort of wax on the outside and it does leave behind residue. Not to mention if you don't get it down right the first time you're cleaning up after itself which is a pain.

Tried the cheap (not 3M) green stuff and hated it. It wouldn't stick to glue. I currently use 3M's Blue tape because it's fairly inexpensive @ $5/roll CDN, sticks well and peels off easily. I've never even heard of 3M purple tape.

Tried the cheap (not 3M) green stuff and hated it. It wouldn't stick to glue.

Lord don't get me started on that stuff. I remember taping up my car to paint and my parents went into town to grab some tape since i was running low...they came back with that vs the good green stuff. Comes off easy, but that's because it doesn't stick.

Back