Trade: FK1000P paste wax for Collonite 845 IW *PIC*

WRAPT C5Z06

Reaction score
It's about 90% full. PM if interested. :xyxthumbs:

FK.jpg

Already? I thought you really liked this stuff?
I really do. However, after applying a liquid LSP via DA on my last detail, that's pretty much what I want to do from here on out. So very easy and more enjoyable to me. This is a great paste sealant, though. Out go the paste waxes, in come the liquid waxes or sealants..lol.

I really do. However, after applying a liquid LSP via DA on my last detail, that's pretty much what I want to do from here on out. So very easy and more enjoyable to me. This is a great paste sealant, though. Out go the paste waxes, in come the liquid waxes or sealants..lol.

I too, have discovered this recently... i.e. applying via DA's are the way to go. Easy and fast. What process do you use for applying? What pad and speed setting?

Some folks apply paste waxes via DA as well, using a putty knife to smear some product on the pad then proceeding to use like normal. You might want to still hang on to your FK1000P. I still have my 476, Souveran, Max Wax, and AG HD. I do those by hand when I am so inclined...

Same thing happened to me. I felt that I will use less wax if I bought paste than liquid wax. Which is why I have #26 in both liquid and paste form. I feel the PC pads soak up too much wax and I waste it.

And here I thought I was the only one doing this!! :props:

I have a hard time getting the wax onto the applicator from using FK 1000P. I wouldnt mind trading for some Moose Wax if anyone is interested. dont mean to hijack thread.

I have a hard time getting the wax onto the applicator from using FK 1000P. I wouldnt mind trading for some Moose Wax if anyone is interested. dont mean to hijack thread.
Hmmmm, I don't. I just want all liquid waxes. :D

Hey Mark, which one of these do you prefer, the FK 1000p or the 845 IW??

It says to use a putty knife.. does that work ?

I just use a regular disposable plastic knife. You only need a wee bit.

Or you could take the whole thing out like Mike and others do, using an mf glove to hold it

It says to use a putty knife.. does that work ?
You can use a putty or plastic knife as Corey said, but then you have to spread it on the pad. I would think having to do this to a whole car would be fairly time consuming.

Hey Rob, 1000P looks better on metallic silver, but 845 is easier to use.

Thanks for the response. I just used 845 IW on my wife's silver Mazda 5 and I was very impressed with how good it looked.

Honestly, these two products remind me a lot of each other. The 1000p does look great on silver too.

Have you noticed any difference between the two in terms of how well they shed dirt?

Thanks for the response. I just used 845 IW on my wife's silver Mazda 5 and I was very impressed with how good it looked.

:rolleyes: So you'll take someone elses word for it that "X" looks better than "Y" on silver as long as the product isn't from Zaino?

:xyxthumbs:

:rolleyes: So you'll take someone elses word for it that "X" looks better than "Y" on silver as long as the product isn't from Zaino?

:xyxthumbs:

What are you talking about? I am not taking anybody's word for anything, I was asking for his *opinion*.

How am I taking his word for it when I have used both products on silver myself??

Unlike you, who had never used the product in question vs. Zaino on silver....which is why I *didn't* take your word for it.

Are we clear now? :xyxthumbs:

Back