Poorboys SSR polishes?

WRAPT C5Z06

Reaction score
I NEED polishes that I can use in the sun so I can actually see the polish(while working it) on my metallic silver. How is the SSR series?

The Poorboy's World SSR Swirl Removers work great. The poorboy's products are currently on sale. Great time to try them.

I would buy a good LED light to see the swirls and use a better (in my opinion) line of products like Menzerna. I have used the PB SSR line in the past and not been entirely happy with the results. They aren't terrible, just not the best IMO.

I would buy a good LED light to see the swirls and use a better (in my opinion) line of products like Menzerna. I have used the PB SSR line in the past and not been entirely happy with the results. They aren't terrible, just not the best IMO.

Agreed.

In my experience using a DA polisher takes forever to break these polishes down. I guess that could be a good thing, but in my opinion takes much much longer to do an entire car. Also I always have holograms/fine swirls/micro marring/whatever you wanna call it with SSR1 and end up having to use a fine menzerna polish to clean up.

Rotaries and the SSR line seem to get along better. Don't know why but I get better results with a rotary and SSR line.

This is not a bash on the product, I love poorboys products but the SSR line falls short IMHO.

Oh, and one more thing....my SSR 2.5 turned as runny as water rendering it useless 2 weeks after receiving it from AG. It was stored properly...

I have only used 2.5 and I like it a lot. I agree that Menzerna polishes are a little better, but I would never try and use them in the sun. 2.5 however works great in the sun as does Professional Polish which I also love.. :buffing:

SSR2 is the only one that I have that has not turned all watery from taking them mobile with me. I have tried them all and like them but am moving on to better polishes for what I do which is correction of other peoples neglected cars. I can not recommend the SSR1 or SSR2.5 but will say that SSR2,the Pro Polish and Polish w/ Sealant are nice and work very well in the direct sun.

I was unable to finish down SSR1 with rotary halogram free on multiple occasions with softer (tundra and tacoma) paints. I was able to finish down ssr2.5+SSR1 flawlessly on the tundra by DA but it involved using A LOT of pressure with both steps and took a good bit of time just to complete the hood.

Have you looked into using Non-diminishing abrasive polishes? Some that are colored? OPT comes to mind

Back