Those who use the Flex 3401 to apply liquid LSP's, question...

I usually put the flex away after corrections and go to the PC for LSP applications. It's a little lighter and can be used one handed.

I usually put the flex away after corrections and go to the PC for LSP applications. It's a little lighter and can be used one handed.
I don't have anything other than the Flex 3401. :xyxthumbs:

I use speed 3 and a blue pad. There is something fun about popping wax out of it's tin and lightly coating the whole 6.5 pad and spreading it over 3/4 of the car that's just fun to watch. I just make a small x to finish the rest.

You're absolutely right. :laughing: What speed would you use with the 3401 to apply liquid LSP's?

The 2-3 setting...

When applying a "finishing" wax or paint sealant you don't need lots of power, you just need to do a good job of spreading the product out...

Too slow a speed setting and it can feel like the pad is lagging behind as you're trying to move the polisher along...

:)

Anything under 3 feels like you're dragging the pad. Personally I never liked applying with a machine so I only apply by hand now.

I use a speed of 3 on the Flex 3401 and the Porter Cable 7424 with either a blue or red pad..... Works real slick!

I agree with whats already said. I can range anywhere from 2-4 depending on the sealant or wax. 3 gets my vote with most products.

Back