Other than TAW

WEST SIDE

Reaction score
What's a good cleaner to use on paint while washing to remove grunge around door handles,mouldings,roof racks etc.I will be putting a sealant and wax on afterwards.I tried TAW and wasn't impressed.

I'll probably get shot for this, but .......... CG Bug Bugger Wash & Tar Remover. Gentle on the paint with some really good cleaning ability regarding the harder to remove stuff.

What's a good cleaner to use on paint while washing to remove grunge around door handles,mouldings,roof racks etc.I will be putting a sealant and wax on afterwards.I tried TAW and wasn't impressed.

I recently began using Opt Power Clean with success, depending on what needs to be removed. It is incredible to remove the black from older rubber trim around windows and the grunge along plastic trim at times. As long as you don't let it dry on the paint surface, it seems to be reasonably paint safe.

If that doesn't work, how about the prewax paint cleaner that is associated with your sealant? I used a non-AG product for many years with great success.

I will also use a polish like scratch-X by hand (or the polish that I'm using during a correction), which can also remove the scratches under the door handles. I find it best to to tape off trim and rubber closely so you don't have to worry about trim staining no matter the cleaner or polish that you are using.

Good luck.

I'm surprised you weren't impressed with TAW. Opti Power clean is a good one to try.

This stuff is great or Megs APC + 4:1 or 10:1

I do have Megs APC+ but wasn't sure about using on paint,i'll give it a try

I'm surprised you weren't impressed with TAW. Opti Power clean is a good one to try.

I hosed the area,sprayed with TAW let dwell then used a soft bristle brush to spread and clean,hosed off area and i still had touse a cloth to wipe it clean.

Thanks for replies

Optimum Power Clean and Majestic Solutions Super Green Stuff are two good APC's that are safe to use on paint.:xyxthumbs:

Back