Caddy Escalade detail

Tom Weed

Reaction score
Just thought I would share some pictures I took of a 10 year old Escalade I just finished up last night. I'm pretty sure it hasn't seen wax in years, the owner is getting ready to take it to Florida for spring break and wanted it cleaned up. If she liked my work, then she has a silver BMW and her husband owns three Rolls Royce's that are stored in a garage they want done, so needless to say I wanted to take my time and do a good job.

I took these pictures with my phone, so the clairty isn't great and I didn't get too many before pictures.

Some befores of the wheels and front end:
IMG_20110303_103844.jpg

IMG_20110303_103817.jpg

The wheels were terrible, I used Sonax wheel cleaner, let them soak, scrubbed the brake dust parts with a tooth brush, then used Wheel brightener on them let it soak, and washed the wheel. I cleaned the wheel wells and tires with Amazing Roll off. Here's a picture of one of the wheels soaking:

IMG_20110303_142214.jpg

a picture of the wheel after it had dried, still has a film on it:

IMG_20110303_142035.jpg

And the afters, I ended up using Never dull and scrubbing the brake dust, then, then going over them with DP wheel glaze. The tires are wearing All Seasons Dressing and the wheel wells Hyper Dressing.
IMG_20110308_163001.jpg

IMG_20110308_163509.jpg

Next is the interior pictures, never really took any of the befores, but the leather was really dirty, I used Optimum Power Clean on the really dirty areas and 303 vinyl fabric cleaner on the everything else, followed by 303 Protectant on the vinyl and lexol leather conditioner on the seats. I used my Mytee Spyder on the carpets and a steamer on the door jams and grimey places.

IMG_20110308_163116.jpg

IMG_20110308_163136.jpg

IMG_20110308_163152.jpg

IMG_20110308_163217.jpg

I wish the sun was out when I finished this thing, it looked much nicer than the phone pictures I was able to take with it. The finished was washed with a foam cannon with a solution of DP extreme foam and APC+, then handwashed. The vehicle was then clayed and I was going to use the new Meguiars DA MF system but for speeds sake, turned to the rotary with 205 and a tangerine LC Hydro pad. The door trim, cut in areas around the door handles and any deeper scratches were removed with the 3" MF Finishing pads on the DA the the D300 correction creme. I topped it off with 2 coats of BFWD 24 hours apart. Of all the sealants I have, that is the slickest feeling by far once it's removed...

IMG_20110308_163025.jpg

IMG_20110308_163038.jpg

Thanks for looking, all comments welcome!

IMG_20110308_163402.jpg

IMG_20110308_163452.jpg

IMG_20110308_163501.jpg

IMG_20110308_163704.jpg

IMG_20110308_163723.jpg

IMG_20110308_163731.jpg

IMG_20110308_163750.jpg

IMG_20110308_163811.jpg

Looks pretty darn clean to me. I hope you are able to get some more business out of this job. Good job!

Nice work. Hopefully they were happy with it and you can baby those Rolls!

Looks awesome! As close to new as a 10 year old abused Escalade can look.

Hope you get the work on those other cars!

:props:

Hey Tom, that really came out great! :dblthumb2:

It shows what time, skill, and good products can do to turn something ordinary into something extraordinary!! :props:

Looks great man. Nice job! :props:

Those Escalade rims can be the worst then their neglected. They're lucky the chrome didn't start seperating from the rim. I see that a lot on the neglected ones.

Thanks much everyone, I definately put some time into this thing, I think I had it close to a week and would work on it in the evenings and last weekend, put around 22 hours I think in it. She was very happy with it, said it didn't look this good when they bought it new!

Kristopher, oh, the chrome was coming loose on the inside of the rim, I had to be careful not to knock anymore loose...

Nice Job! It takes a bit of work to get an Escalade looking good. I did one in Sept. of last year that had level 2 waterspotting all over it. Here's a before Picture:
100_2711.JPG
And here's the after Picture:
100_2809.JPG
It took 2 days to get that thing cleaned up. What made it nice is that the owner had another "Detailer" work on it about 2 months earlier and couldn't get them out. Well, we now have a client for life.Keep up the great work!

Nice Job! It takes a bit of work to get an Escalade looking good. I did one in Sept. of last year that had level 2 waterspotting all over it. Here's a before Picture:
100_2711.JPG
And here's the after Picture:
100_2809.JPG
It took 2 days to get that thing cleaned up. What made it nice is that the owner had another "Detailer" work on it about 2 months earlier and couldn't get them out. Well, we now have a client for life.Keep up the great work!

Nice work on that escalade, I like that color! Those things a lot of work, kind of like detailing a suburban, but not quite the PITA a mini-van is though... I ended up with a customer now though for the other cars, so it was well worth it!

Thanks much everyone, I definately put some time into this thing, I think I had it close to a week and would work on it in the evenings and last weekend, put around 22 hours I think in it. She was very happy with it, said it didn't look this good when they bought it new!

Kristopher, oh, the chrome was coming loose on the inside of the rim, I had to be careful not to knock anymore loose...

Don't ya hate that! Especially when the customer doesn't even notice, then when you clean them...you can finally see the chrome coming off. I hate those rims for that reason. I always think the customer is gonna think I did it, ha.

There are 3 stages of waterspotting. In a nutshell, Stage 1 is just spotting on the top of the clear coat. Stage 2 is where the minerals have actually eaten into the clear coat and basically lays beneath the surface. Stage 3 is where the minerals has gone so far as to reach the pain/color itself. Hope that helps. I also know that Mike has done a good post on just this topic. You can search for Water Spots and I'm sure you'll find it for a more in depth description.

There are 3 stages of waterspotting. In a nutshell, Stage 1 is just spotting on the top of the clear coat. Stage 2 is where the minerals have actually eaten into the clear coat and basically lays beneath the surface. Stage 3 is where the minerals has gone so far as to reach the pain/color itself. Hope that helps. I also know that Mike has done a good post on just this topic. You can search for Water Spots and I'm sure you'll find it for a more in depth description.

Cool, I'll have to read up on that. Thanks! :props:

Time well spent on that behemoth Caddy. I'll bet you get to do it again when it comes back from Florida plus the rest of their fleet.

That paint looks awesome! The pearl really pops now

Wow!! It turned out really nice! Great Job! :xyxthumbs:

Wheels were like wow!(When I saw the 'before' of the rim, I thought they were silver painted!!! :eek:)

Back