Do you think this is overkill??

hymato

Reaction score
Wanna start with a Klasse Sealant, then a coat of DODO hard wax and then a coat of DODO soft wax? Is this a little much in your opinion? I'm a consruction worker and my car get submitted to some dusty,muddy,and sunny conditions. My car is a 2010 Vw jetta :buffing:

I honestly think anything on top of a sealant is strictly cosmetic. Wax will just change the look a bit. Either way...that sealant isn't coming off for a while if it's applied correctly.

Also, I really don't think wax will properly adhere to paint that has already had sealant applied. Just my opinion. I say sealant is enough.

There are people that think any sort of detailing is overkill and all of us on this site are crazy. I say do what makes you happy and see how it works. I haves topped a sealant with a wax, but never two coats of it. I don't think you are really going to notice a difference, but the only way to know for sure is to try.

I work in a concrete testing lab and get alot of the dust and ect all over my car too. I only use a carnuba wax if i am going to a car show the next day otherwise it seems every carnuba wax i have tried seems to attract dust. I use the klasse sealant on my jetta in two coats. It doesnt seem to attract as much dust.

Sealant probably bring less dust, i haven't found nuba that doesn't attract dust. You probably want to add FK425 quick detailer, the anti static is quite effective in reducing dust buildup

Ok im gonna try two coats of sealant and see how that looks, can I add wax after adamant if its been a week or two without having to re clay car?

If you apply more than one coat of wax, do them 12-24 hours apart, and use a quick detailer to remove any dust or watever before you apply another coat.

I think whether or not it's overkill is up to the individual doing the work, not the person on-looking.

By the way, my S10 has two coats of #845, topped with two coats of P21s concours. Worth the time? The truck cleans pretty easy anymore....

Is there anything more relaxing then waxing the hell out of your car lmfao
:buffing:

It might be but who am I to judge.... :autowash:

Back