If you could only have ONE DA...which one?

Kristopher1129

Reaction score
So, I bought a second PC a couple months ago, just to keep it in my mobile van. I recently decided that I'd rather have different one.

I would like to have the Flex...but I'm not willing to spend that much on a DA quite yet. I was thinking either the Megs, or Griots. Which one. I'm already leaning towards the Griots...but maybe you can change my mind...

Well that's a hard one but I think I would go with the Megs I like the GG but always have to wonder if it's going to crap out on you in the middle of a job .

Griot's. I have one and I would never change it. Others have complained about the reliability, but I've never had a problem in the 2 years that I've had it.

IME the Griot is a very good D.A., it has very good power and is very easy to work with.

I also own the Flex D.A. and it is the one I use most often. I don't have any experience with the Meg's D.A. maybe someone else will chime in on that one.

Maybe this will help. I don't care for how the PC stops spinning under pressure, or with certain compound products.

I know the Griots and Megs claim to improve on this problem. Which one do you think is better at keeping rotation?

I went thru 3 Megs DAs when the new and improved machine came out ... Yes all repaired but a pita ... I ended up staying withnone then Megs gavebme a refund and in bought a GG and a flex... Now the Megs is my 3" headlight wet sander and the GG is collecting dust as my main go to for everything is the Flex ... Here's why ... It has balls and does the job and secondly it just looks industry appropriate, the DA doesn't look like a professional tool.. Yeah it works and all but the Flex is a professional looking and sounding tool
My two cents

I went thru 3 Megs DAs when the new and improved machine came out ... Yes all repaired but a pita ... I ended up staying withnone then Megs gavebme a refund and in bought a GG and a flex... Now the Megs is my 3" headlight wet sander and the GG is collecting dust as my main go to for everything is the Flex ... Here's why ... It has balls and does the job and secondly it just looks industry appropriate, the DA doesn't look like a professional tool.. Yeah it works and all but the Flex is a professional looking and sounding tool
My two cents

The Flex price just drives me nuts! lol

I was unaware of the reliability issues with the Megs and Griots. News to me. Maybe I should save my pennies for a Flex.

GG. The only time it didn't turn on was when it wasn't plugged in. Can't say the same for the G110V2.

GG as well...had the early one, no problems. Moved to their new one, gave the other one to a deserving friend, and after 2.5 yrs. & more use than I care to think about, it works great. :props: Like the speed. The Flex sure is a siren to a sailor strapped to the masts, and may pop for it--but no need to spend it for my needs right now.

have to say..ever since I got the MF system and use Low profile hydrotechs..my Flex really doesnt get much use at all vs my GG

It was a toss-up but the GG lifetime warranty sold me.

So, I bought a second PC a couple months ago, just to keep it in my mobile van. I recently decided that I'd rather have different one.

I would like to have the Flex...but I'm not willing to spend that much on a DA quite yet. I was thinking either the Megs, or Griots. Which one. I'm already leaning towards the Griots...but maybe you can change my mind...

Only one heh? My Groits .

Only one heh? My Groits .

I asked for only one choice cause I feel like that will bring out peoples REAL choice in DA, ha. Unfortunately....we all have buying problems and most likely have multiple DAs and rotaries laying around. But you ain't heard that from me...

If I could only have one I would take the power of the GG6 and the lifetime warranty of the GG6, with the build quality of the PCXP and the variable speeds of the G110v2.

But since I can't have all that I guess its a toss up between the PC and the GG. Hell I can't really talk about the G110v2 since i don't own it.

If I could only have one I would take the power of the GG6 and the lifetime warranty of the GG6, with the build quality of the PCXP and the variable speeds of the G110v2.

But since I can't have all that I guess its a toss up between the PC and the GG. Hell I can't really talk about the G110v2 since i don't own it.

Nice answer...you're saying you would take them all apart and build your own hybrid DA, haha. I like it. :dblthumb2:

I'm sure someone sooner or later will build a DA for the detailers market that includes everything that I just said. BUT the lifetime warranty.

And the only reason why I say DA is because the Meguiar's MF System has gained A LOT of steam in the detailing community. If not the system I know the MF pads are very well loved by many high profile detailers that use them exclusively right now for correction. And Meguiar's being the sole seller of this product only recommends you use these pads with a DA.

So in the end a hybrid DA that includes all these features could be on its way.

I'm sure someone sooner or later will build a DA for the detailers market that includes everything that I just said. BUT the lifetime warranty.

And the only reason why I say DA is because the Meguiar's MF System has gained A LOT of steam in the detailing community. If not the system I know the MF pads are very well loved by many high profile detailers that use them exclusively right now for correction. And Meguiar's being the sole seller of this product only recommends you use these pads with a DA.

So in the end a hybrid DA that includes all these features could be on its way.

Damn...now I can't buy anything! I'll just wait. :xyxthumbs:

Back