PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade 5 full corrections for a truck?

Pages : [1] 2

Rav777
09-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Ok so lately I have been detailing out of my Camry that is set up for pure detailing. I will post a tread later on today just in case someone wants to do something similar.

So today I got a guy that wants 5 full corrections on his classic cars (along with some interior work and chrome work) and he said he is willing to trade. The trade is 5 full corrections for a 2000 Dodge Dakota. I am not a big fan of dodge but I really need a truck to put a bigger water tank in. The truck is worth around 4-5k and the paint is awesome considering the year. Fair trade?

If you want to know the condition of the cars they still have clear coats except for one that is crackling somewhat but not too bad. Most of the clear has just faded away over time. He just wants to make them look nice so he can sell them.hummmmm:dunno:

alko
09-30-2011, 12:49 PM
man hecks yeah i'd do it!!! Thats a nice trade right there!

Flash Gordon
09-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Yes

kimtyson
09-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Get it all in writing but heck, yes.

Rav777
09-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Yeah I figured too haha. He is helping me out since I am in college. Since I don't treat detailing as work I feel like I can enjoy doing these full corrections and then get a truck out of it as well.

Flash Gordon
09-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Ok so lately I have been detailing out of my Camry that is set up for pure detailing. I will post a tread later on today just in case someone wants to do something similar.

I for one would like to see your setup :props:

Rav777
09-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Going to prepare it today. I am just wondering how to post pictures without it showing up as a thumbnail. It seems when I post a picture they all show up at the bottom of my post..

Flash Gordon
09-30-2011, 01:35 PM
Going to prepare it today. I am just wondering how to post pictures without it showing up as a thumbnail. It seems when I post a picture they all show up at the bottom of my post..

You got me brother. I haven't even gotten that far in the picture posting process

Rav777
09-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Lol its all good. If not I will just post them on the bottom.

DLB
09-30-2011, 01:58 PM
That is a very good trade IMO, even if your correction services would typically cost more than that. You are essentially trading labor for money either way you look at it, but in the case of the truck you actually keep getting paid (as long as it is running and serves you well).

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tips-techniques-how-articles-interacting-discussion-forums/21295-how-upload-photo-into-your-autogeek-photo-gallery.html

DLB

timaishu
09-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Host your pictures on photobucket.com

Once the pictures are up, put your mouse over each picture you want posted, it will bring up a little menu thing and click the box below for each picture you want.

Then go to the bottom of the page and click "choose action", then "generate links for codes selected"

Copy the "full size" code under "IMG for bulletin boards & forums" and paste it into your thread.

:xyxthumbs:

Rav777
09-30-2011, 02:06 PM
That is a very good trade IMO, even if your correction services would typically cost more than that. You are essentially trading labor for money either way you look at it, but in the case of the truck you actually keep getting paid (as long as it is running and serves you well).

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tips-techniques-how-articles-interacting-discussion-forums/21295-how-upload-photo-into-your-autogeek-photo-gallery.html

DLB

Host your pictures on photobucket.com

Once the pictures are up, put your mouse over each picture you want posted, it will bring up a little menu thing and click the box below for each picture you want.

Then go to the bottom of the page and click "choose action", then "generate links for codes selected"

Copy the "full size" code under "IMG for bulletin boards & forums" and paste it into your thread.

:xyxthumbs:

Awesome thanks guys. This is what I was looking for!

oldmodman
09-30-2011, 02:22 PM
And one nice thing to consider when bartering is that it keeps your relatives out of your business.:xyxthumbs:

Rav777
09-30-2011, 05:22 PM
And one nice thing to consider when bartering is that it keeps your relatives out of your business.:xyxthumbs:

Lol my parents wanted to help me with a truck, but I always liked doing stuff on my own. My sister on the other hand...

Rav777
09-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Hey guys just posted my thread. I know some of you guys have been waiting to see the Camry muahaha.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/41636-project-camry-my-mobile-detail-set-up.html