PDA

View Full Version : an autogeeks most feared time of year - christmas tree on the roof

Pages : [1] 2

timaishu
12-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Its that time of the year again. I swear each years goes by quicker than the next.

So today me and the family went out to go get a christmas tree. I strapped it down to the roof of my moms outback like usual. I could almost hear the paint screaming, it was painful to see the tree strapped down to the roof with no barrier in between. Now that I have the autogeek disease, I notice these things. Never thought much of it before, but now.. I would never ever put a tree on or in my car. I would rather have no tree haha.

We were out and I saw a charger, with a tree strapped to the top WITH a stand still attached touching the paint. :doh:

So for you folks that have to take the tree home, how do you do it without damaging your ride?

CEE DOG
12-04-2011, 09:35 PM
After they wrap it with that fishnet I put the back seats down and put it in the trunk.

loudog2
12-04-2011, 09:46 PM
I used to rent a lowes or homedepot truck for $19.95 for an hour. Money well spent!! Now I have a work van, so no problem now.

RFulmer
12-04-2011, 10:12 PM
We have 4 cars. Our "get it done" car is a 2004 Toyota 4-Runner, it gets used and used some more. We throw it on the top and don't worry about it.

It's white and after doing this for 7 years the paint still polishes up nicely (not that it gets it that often). We park it where we want at the mall, drive it in the rain and park it outside all the time. And after all this it doesn't have a dent on it and shines up like new. Our other cars that we are particular about can come up with scratches and dings no matter how careful we are with them.

Having one car that is our "get it done" car is great.

timaishu
12-04-2011, 10:18 PM
We have 4 cars. Our "get it done" car is a 2004 Toyota 4-Runner, it gets used and used some more. We throw it on the top and don't worry about it.

It's white and after doing this for 7 years the paint still polishes up nicely (not that it gets it that often). We park it where we want at the mall, drive it in the rain and park it outside all the time. And after all this it doesn't have a dent on it and shines up like new. Our other cars that we are particular about can come up with scratches and dings no matter how careful we are with them.

Having one car that is our "get it done" car is great.

Thats how my moms car is. We use it for everything, carrying cinder blocks to vacations.

I really dont know what I would do with my car as I only own her and none others. With a subwoofer box in the trunk, I couldn't get a tree in other than putting it sideways. I would have to settle for like a lil 3-4 footer.

flyinion
12-04-2011, 10:21 PM
My parents have an F150. I'll just borrow that when it comes time for my GF and I to get our tree.

C. Charles Hahn
12-04-2011, 10:33 PM
*cough*Artificial Tree*cough*

AeroCleanse
12-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Put it inside my minivan :)

ryanmcg1
12-04-2011, 10:56 PM
I don't like real trees to much mess I have 2 dogs that would make it worse I have a fake tree pre-lit very nice. If I did get 1 and was in your situation I would use a heavy blanket or a couple beach towels to make a cushion between my roof and the tree or just wrap the whole tree up.

Becciasm
12-05-2011, 11:54 AM
After they wrap it with that fishnet I put the back seats down and put it in the trunk.

HEH HEH HEH... buckle it in the pass. seat of skybaby? :):Picture:

haha. j/k that would be a site to see

tw33k2514
12-05-2011, 11:55 AM
*cough*Artificial Tree*cough*
That is my solution. Real trees are way to messy!

Flannigan
12-05-2011, 11:59 AM
We have an artificial tree as well. But I help my mom pick up her tree every year. It just goes on the roof rack of my Explorer. No issues with it so far.

embolism
12-05-2011, 12:08 PM
my coworker just picked a pine needle out of my hair this morning

was setting up the tree last night

and yes I have quite a nest going...

aerogt01
12-05-2011, 12:31 PM
That's what Daily Drivers are for.

Just sayin'. . .

CEE DOG
12-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Why do you guys put them on the paint when you can just put it in the trunk with the rear seats down?