Griot's paint prep & pre-wax cleaner

BenSRT

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I search a good cleaner before and after polishing or just before wax and sealant.Someone have an experience with Griot's Garage Pre Wax Cleaner and the Griot's Paint Prep?

I make search on the forum, and I know Paint prep is before polishing and Pre-wax cleaner is after polishing but if I just want to remove old wax or sealant to rewaxing, witch I choose?Paint Prep?

thanks for your help

Ben

Paint Prep is designed to remove the old and prepare for the new. Spray, dwell, rinse. It's not necessarily just to use before polish. In fact I don't see why you'd use it before polish. Polish will remove the old.
PreWax is for removing polishing oils. Spray, wipe, done.

Paint Prep is designed to remove the old and prepare for the new. Spray, dwell, rinse. It's not necessarily just to use before polish. In fact I don't see why you'd use it before polish. Polish will remove the old.
PreWax is for removing polishing oils. Spray, wipe, done.

So,pre-wax cleanser it just to remove oil and residue of polishing, and if I want just rewaxing or prepare to polishing I use paint prep?

it is good products to prepare surface or you can suggest better?

Sometimes what works well is right under your nose.Many times we buy things that are "glamorous" when we don't need to.

Wash your car WELL with Dawn dishwashing detergent and you will have very sqeeky clean paint. I have been using it for years to get a "clean sheet of paper" before a detail starts.

If you think you have some un buffed wax or stuff, then spray it down with a 15% mix of rubbing alcohol and water (ISP)....let dry...

paint prep can get expensive. Just use opc diluted 3:1, spray on a panel, let dwell, then agitate with your normal wash media and car soap with/without some dawn added to it.

paint prep can get expensive. Just use opc diluted 3:1, spray on a panel, let dwell, then agitate with your normal wash media and car soap with/without some dawn added to it.

Agreed. Paint Prep is cost prohibitive. Last time I needed to strip wax to apply a new coat I just used OPC and it worked great.

now is clear!! thanks for your advice!!:xyxthumbs:

Can you not use Paint Prep after polishing to make sure everything is removed 99.9% ?

I know that polishing will remove the wax etc, but doesn't Paint Prep (not pre-wax) also remove polishing oils?

Can you not use Paint Prep after polishing to make sure everything is removed 99.9% ?

I know that polishing will remove the wax etc, but doesn't Paint Prep (not pre-wax) also remove polishing oils?

Yes, but you have to rinse it off with a hose. Its overkill. And if you have to hose the car off, you may as well just wash it - and that will do the same thing with the right shampoo.

Yes, but you have to rinse it off with a hose. Its overkill. And if you have to hose the car off, you may as well just wash it - and that will do the same thing with the right shampoo.

+1

I am in the process right now prepping paint for the same reason.

Back