Menzerna power finish

Lambo1

Reaction score
hey guys was wondering what is most popular pad to use with power finish for u that use it as a "1" step? from what i've researched it seems green or white lake country pad does well.....Thanks

I use it with a white and even orange if I need more cut . power finish is my fav go to . gives decent cut and good gloss u dont even have to follow it up with a finer product if u don't want to . I have only used this on ford paints .

White and orange for me also. Old stuff, have 1/2 a bottle left, had more cut than the new stuff I bought. Still real good, just not the same

I will usually start with a yellow Buff and Shine and work it for about 4-5 passes and then switch to a B&S black pad and do 3 passes (without whiping off the product from when I hit it with the yellow) to increase the shine and it finishes down really well. Its nice because its still a one step and it saves a lot of time and the results speak for themself.

White or orange LC pads. Typically white, but if I'm dealing with a harder paint I'll try the orange and see how it finishes.

Since everyone's got you covered I'll just say.....:welcome: To Autogeek Online! :props:

I went with a hydrotech tangerine based on some input from some fellow autogeeks.

With the Menzerna Power Finish (PF 2500) 1-step what speed do you guys usually run it on with either a white vs orange pad on which Machine?
I have a porter cable 7424xp & a Flex 3401 VRG.
The Flex is probably the better option for this 1-step you all think?
I usually use the porter cable for polishes or final waxes and the flex for compounding so not really sure how this product would fall into place within that spectrum for machine power and speed use.
Thanks

I use PF2500 on speed 5-6 with orange LC pad

I use SF4000 on speed 5-6 with white LC pad

IMO pad choice is going to be dictated by the specific paint you are working on, and may very well change from one car to the next.

I have used PF2500 with Tangerine, Orange and white pads.... it really does just depend on the paint.

Conduct a test spot on each car you detail to ensure you have matched the pad and polish to the needs of the paint - this allows you to remove as LITTLE paint as possible whilst still achieving the desired results in terms of gloss etc.

I use PF2500 on speed 5-6 with orange LC pad

I use SF4000 on speed 5-6 with white LC pad

That sounds like a good combination. Which machine are you using when doing this?
Also in which case do you finish off your PF2500 with SF4000 vs. SF4500? I have both.

IMO pad choice is going to be dictated by the specific paint you are working on, and may very well change from one car to the next.

I have used PF2500 with Tangerine, Orange and white pads.... it really does just depend on the paint.

Conduct a test spot on each car you detail to ensure you have matched the pad and polish to the needs of the paint - this allows you to remove as LITTLE paint as possible whilst still achieving the desired results in terms of gloss etc.

Very true, especially when some clear coats can be softer vs harder ones like BMW and Mercedes. So would a white pad be the least aggressive pad choice in using the method of taking off as little paint as possible with the PF2500 Menzerna product, or are there ever cases you can you go even softer of a pad?

Or, at that point of going that soft of a pad am I better off just completely switching to a less aggressive product OR sticking with the PF2500 and a less aggressive pad? I use the LC CSS pads currently.

I recently bought PF2500, SF4000 & SF4500, so just want to make sure I'm using it to its full potential with proper technique specific to this product (I'm new to Menzerna).

Thanks Swift I'll be sure to check that out.

Kestrel/Shield DA, almost same as a PC, finish off with SF4000

Very true, especially when some clear coats can be softer vs harder ones like BMW and Mercedes. So would a white pad be the least aggressive pad choice in using the method of taking off as little paint as possible with the PF2500 Menzerna product, or are there ever cases you can you go even softer of a pad?

Or, at that point of going that soft of a pad am I better off just completely switching to a less aggressive product OR sticking with the PF2500 and a less aggressive pad? I use the LC CSS pads currently.

I recently bought PF2500, SF4000 & SF4500, so just want to make sure I'm using it to its full potential with proper technique specific to this product (I'm new to Menzerna).

Rather start your test spot with SF4000 and a white pad
If that doesn't offer enough cut, PF2500 on a white pad
If need be step up to PF2500 and a more aggressive pad (like an orange one).

Back