Is TRIX replacing IronX?

Dad is right on as usual. Its a combo. It is definitely not replacing ix mark! I agree ix rocks.

it stinks even worse if you leave it in a hot area and it leaks out the sprayer.....and just so happens to be inside your car....

it stinks even worse if you leave it in a hot area and it leaks out the sprayer.....and just so happens to be inside your car....

Yuck! :D

I got to use it on a white car this weekend and even after claying the entire car, IX still did its thing and impressed my family in the process. Oh and they were also grossed out by the smell.

Dad is right on as usual. Its a combo. It is definitely not replacing ix mark! I agree ix rocks.

Can you elaborate a little? Do you think it is not a replacement because it is better than Trix at removing iron or because there will be times when you don't want/need the strength or a tar remover?

I'm not disagreeing with you just curious on your thoughts. As a weekend guy having both products in one seems like a great value so why keep IronX around?

... As a weekend guy having both products in one seems like a great value so why keep IronX around?

:iagree: Maybe I'm missing something, but TRIX seems like it would cut down the amount of time prepping (one-step vs two) and as we all know, time is money.

Can you elaborate a little? Do you think it is not a replacement because it is better than Trix at removing iron or because there will be times when you don't want/need the strength or a tar remover?

I'm not disagreeing with you just curious on your thoughts. As a weekend guy having both products in one seems like a great value so why keep IronX around?

I asked Avi the same thing in my TRIX review Q&A and he said it is not replacing IX.

Exactly like you said, sometimes you only need an Iron Remover. For removing Iron the IX series of products is excellent.

They are definitely different products with different high points and both IX series and TRIX will continue to be available.

I have Trix and like it. OTOH, I've never used IronX. The more important question to me is, if Trix does the exact same thing as IronX AND removes tar too... Why buy IronX? What's the advantage of IronX?

Dan.

What about the warning about not using on chrome wheels, calipers or wheel weights. Had any issues there?

I've had no issues with chrome. Wheel weights it can discolor but just agitate during the rinse and they turn back to normal.

Some calipers with cheap paint, etc you want to avoid but I haven't had an issue.

I have Trix and like it. OTOH, I've never used IronX. The more important question to me is, if Trix does the exact same thing as IronX AND removes tar too... Why buy IronX? What's the advantage of IronX?

Dan.

Iron x doesn't have to be shaken as often. It is safe on plastic headlights whereas TRIX on polycarbonate headlights and sensitive plastic can dull it a bit because it has the solvents that melt tar in it. Get TRIX on polycarbonate headlights and you may have to lightly polish if it dulls it.

I would avoid clear bras with TRIX and TarX.

I've had no issues with chrome. Wheel weights it can discolor but just agitate during the rinse and they turn back to normal.

Some calipers with cheap paint, etc you want to avoid but I haven't had an issue.

Iron x doesn't have to be shaken as often. It is safe on plastic headlights whereas TRIX on polycarbonate headlights and sensitive plastic can dull it a bit because it has the solvents that melt tar in it. Get TRIX on polycarbonate headlights and you may have to lightly polish if it dulls it.

I would avoid clear bras with TRIX and TarX.

Corey,

That is very important info. Maybe I missed it in your TRIX review. If not, please add it.

Hmmm... Now I have to buy IronX too! Arrrgh!

Thanks,

Dan.

Dan.

I have a well maintained car that I want to polish out once a year. I use Iron X and do not need the extra tar removing ability of TRIX. So, I would not want to spray another chemical on my car if it wont do anything for me.

I have a well maintained car that I want to polish out once a year. I use Iron X and do not need the extra tar removing ability of TRIX. So, I would not want to spray another chemical on my car if it wont do anything for me.
Be that as it may, but TRIX is $27/liter while IronX is $33/liter. Based on Corey's post, it looks like TRIX is more aggressive and could harm some trim. If it wasn't for that, I'd say TRIX was a more cost-effective product.

Regards,

Dan.

Back