DODO JUICE 30mL samples??????

chris.ganucheau

Reaction score
I am thinking about putting a order in for some Dodo Juice Light Fantastics, Diamond Hard, an Blue Velvet Pro. How long do the 30mL last an are they enough to do a full car? I am also buying some Optimum Spray Wax, heard its really good. So let me know what you think about my soon to be order.....Feed back pleaseFeed back please

Each 30ml pot should do 3-5 cars, maybe more depending on how heavy you are with it.

Thats awesome! I can get four different waxes for the price of one fullsize tub of DODO Juice. Cant wait to try the Light Fantastic!!! Heard its awesome for metallics. Thanks for the replies!

I'm sure others will chime in, but here's my opinion. I've never tried any of their soft waxes, but my 30 ml jar Dodo juice hard wax will probably do 4-5 small to medium cars.
As far as Optimum, don't think of it as a light-duty spray wax, think of it as a regular wax that happens to be in a spray bottle. Durability can be measured in months, not weeks and the shine and slickness is in the hunt with the best.

Bill

I'm sure others will chime in, but here's my opinion. I've never tried any of their soft waxes, but my 30 ml jar Dodo juice hard wax will probably do 4-5 small to medium cars.
As far as Optimum, don't think of it as a light-duty spray wax, think of it as a regular wax that happens to be in a spray bottle. Durability can be measured in months, not weeks and the shine and slickness is in the hunt with the best.

Bill

Thanks, yea thats what ive heard about the OCW. Seems to good to be true lol but im going to give it a try! I never seem to have any luck with spray anything, always seems to streak.

While I have yet to use them, I have a 30ml pot of both the diamond white and light fantastic in the waiting. Like most waxes, PJ himself recommended extremely thin layers. I would recommend getting a finger mit applicator. Dodo makes one, and I think Autogeek has a few others as well. Being that those pots are so small, that might be the easiest way to apply them.

is dodo worth the $, I'm sure its a good-great product, but I don't know how you could find things better, cheaper, and higher quantity, however I think they have a great marketing scheme.

Most people know I love Dodo...Chris, I used Light Fantastic on my metallic silver mustang and I loved the look! I just got my purple haze pro in today, cannot wait to use it!
I would pick up some Dodo red mist...great stuff

dodo red mist is their qd correct? is it nuba based or sealant?

how does it stack up against v7
e5035dd4.jpg

i havent heard anything negative about dodo before though, besides price.

It is their sealant...do not know about how it stacks up against v7 because I have not used it.

Yeah, you can use it on bare paint also...not really a qd
Oh, and the smell....!

Yeah you're right, I referred to v7 as a qd/ spray sealant because thats how cg refers to it, currently running durability testing of bl and v7

whats the smell? I'd like to give it a try eventually, along with a few other dodo products

I love the little panel pots of DODO products. I keep them in my "Why, would you look at what I got" case.

I have even ordered samples direct from England just to be able to get one of everything.

But I have been informed, several times, that I am "nuts"

Thats awesome! I can get four different waxes for the price of one fullsize tub of DODO Juice. Cant wait to try the Light Fantastic!!! Heard its awesome for metallics. Thanks for the replies!
For LIGHT metallics. :) BTW, soft waxes are a PITA to apply, IMO. You have to apply them with your bare hand.

For LIGHT metallics. :) BTW, soft waxes are a PITA to apply, IMO. You have to apply them with your bare hand.

I don't think thats true, Ive seen Light Fantastic used on a Black Jeep an it looked amazing. I think it was CANE JEEPS truck. I'll just have to see when I get them. Ive heard nothing but good things about there waxes an want to give them a try.

I don't think thats true, Ive seen Light Fantastic used on a Black Jeep an it looked amazing. I think it was CANE JEEPS truck. I'll just have to see when I get them. Ive heard nothing but good things about there waxes an want to give them a try.
I'm sure it wouldn't make it look any worse, but dodo makes certain wax for certain colors for a reason.

Zee...while you are correct that they state you can use certain waxes with certain colors, any Dodo Juice wax can be used on any color. And I think the soft wax is really easy to apply - I have been using Light Fantastic for over a year, and been applying the same way, by an applicator. Its funny, Pj told me the hard Wax is the more difficult to apply of the two...

I just cracked my 30 cc pot of Purple Haze Pro yesterday. I used about 1/3 to 1/4 the pot to do my BMW M Roadster 2 seater convertible. Since its a 'vert, keep in mind there is no roof or B pillars to do - I did apply slightly heavy for coverage. But, I did do both bumpers, rocker panel, etc....
Let me tell you about both the products tou asked about (honestly); as I use them both.

1. PH Pro Is a soft buttery type wax. It is indeed very purple, and stains any light colored applicator, but doesn't stain the MF towel you remove it with. It's extremely easy to apply, a little easier than P21S Pure Carnuba, about as easy as the original P21S. It's very smooth and uniform, and I can see the purple in it on the flake on black flake paint. Removal is also extremely easy for a solid wax. It doesn't streak or smear around. It's pretty soft, but not soft like pudding (Wheel Wax). You can do a whole car with it pretty quick. Its a first class wax, and it smells like some sort of candy, but not sickly sweet. I even tasted it and it didn't taste bad! Durability is likely average , but it's very easy to apply. I don't know, just guessing, but I would speculate the Carnuba content isn't mega high, as mega high Carnuba content waxes aren't so easy removed for me.

2. Optimum Spray Wax: this could be the best spray wax out there. I believe it's not a pure Carnuba spray wax as it had some polymers in it. It sprays on almost clear, and they sprayer on the unit of use bottle atomizes well. Durability is among the highest for a spray was, months not weeks. It leaves the surface pretty slick feeling and does leave a nice glow. It just has one caveat to me. If I spray it on my black car it streaks. On my light blue truck it doesn't, or it's not visible. So, on the black car I just spray it on an applicator to spread it our more evenly. On lighter cars just spray it on the panel.

Back