PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Dryer Advise

My Detailing Guys
10-07-2012, 07:16 PM
After carpet/ seat extraction do you use a carpet dryer fan to speed up the drying process? I checked out the AG carpet dryer which puts out 500 CFM, any one using this fan?

Any recommendations/ advise would be appreciated.

Greg

tdrake2406
10-08-2012, 02:49 AM
I was going to ask this question yesterday but got side tracked doing other things around the house. I am curious myself!!!

tdrake2406
10-16-2012, 04:47 PM
anyone?

Robert8194
10-16-2012, 06:40 PM
I use an air mover like this:

http://www.autogeek.net/shop-vac-air-mover.html

My Detailing Guys
10-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Do you feel the Shop Vac puts out enough air to dry carpets or seats in a timely manner, or is it an all day process?

Thanks,
Greg

Robert8194
10-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Do you feel the Shop Vac puts out enough air to dry carpets or seats in a timely manner, or is it an all day process?

Thanks,
Greg

If you extract or towel dry first, only takes a couple of hours max. If it is very warm may take less.

My Detailing Guys
10-19-2012, 08:13 AM
If you extract or towel dry first, only takes a couple of hours max. If it is very warm may take less.

Thanks, that's helpful information.

Greg

yakky
10-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Amazon.com: Lasko Pro Performance Blower Fan, 4900: Home & Kitchen (http://www.amazon.com/Lasko-Pro-Performance-Blower-4900/dp/B001DNGSCM)

Lasko 4900. It puts out an incredible amount of air. Great for hot days in the garage as well. Very quiet for how much wind it puts out.

statusdetailing
10-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Don't waste your money. Crack the windows about a quarter of an inch, start the car and turn the heat on full blast. The car will be dry in around 20 minutes if you haven't completely soaked it. I've done hundreds of cars like this. Also, you will be able to catch any stains that try to wick back up, as the car dries, and you will be able to spot them with folex or a similar product. Blowers and fans are a waste and won't work nearly as fast as turning on the heat.

On older vehicles I watch the temperature guage every few minutes, because some older vehicles like to overheat when idling.

Good luck

drumteam2003
01-24-2016, 05:20 PM
Do you put the dryer on full blast, aimed at the floors or straight at you?

GSKR
01-24-2016, 08:13 PM
Don't waste your money. Crack the windows about a quarter of an inch, start the car and turn the heat on full blast. The car will be dry in around 20 minutes if you haven't completely soaked it. I've done hundreds of cars like this. Also, you will be able to catch any stains that try to wick back up, as the car dries, and you will be able to spot them with folex or a similar product. Blowers and fans are a waste and won't work nearly as fast as turning on the heat.

On older vehicles I watch the temperature guage every few minutes, because some older vehicles like to overheat when idling.

Good luckDitto