Real water spots on car windwos.. :(

Qusai

Reaction score
Let me begin first by saying that i used every method ranging from vinegar to fine grade steel wool. Man nothing worked, i got this information online but these people must have had some weak water spots, nothing major like mine. I can live without them to be honest, but i was hoping my knowledgeable fellow ag members can chime in on this situation. Did anything work for anybody or am i just wasting my time? Thank you!

I would look into Car Pro CeriGlass. I have used it successfully to remove water spots and even light scratches using my Porter Cable 7424 XP with a glass polishing pad. You can do this by hand, but it will take a lot of elbow grease and even more time.

Here is a 50/50 shot of what I accomplished with CeriGlass.

DSC023351.JPG

Im starting to think you dont have WATER spots. Geesh if the steel wool didnt take care of them.

Im starting to think you dont have WATER spots. Geesh if the steel wool didnt take care of them.
:iagree:
Is the defroster OEM? Is there a tint film on the back window? I've seen cases where the film bubbles or starts to let go due to heat or irregular surface of the defroster.

I used duragloss nuglass with awesome results. For 8 bucks it's a great deal.

I used duragloss nuglass with awesome results. For 8 bucks it's a great deal.

:iagree: I always use DG nuglass. If fact, i just used it on some water spots today on a truck's back window. I used it on my PC7424 on a yellow cutting pad. if they are really bad, i use the glass pads. has always worked for me. By hand did work on these spots, via machine is a must.

i need to try it with the rotary, i bet it would remove them a lot quicker.

good luck

:iagree: I always use DG nuglass. If fact, i just used it on some water spots today on a truck's back window. I used it on my PC7424 on a yellow cutting pad. if they are really bad, i use the glass pads. has always worked for me. By hand did work on these spots, via machine is a must.

i need to try it with the rotary, i bet it would remove them a lot quicker.

good luck

It really is a great product. What speed did you use it on? I used speed 5 on the pc with just an orange pad. Glass looks brand new afterwards!

I heard a rotary can warp the glass if it gets too hot.

With foam i use speed 6 with ths PC. With the glass cutting pad i use speed 5.

With the rotary i would treat the glass like paint as far as the heat issue is concerned.

Do you have an issue with it drying out? I found out that spritzing the glass with a squirt of water before I polish works great.

With the glass pads it seems to dry out quickly. With using the foam pad today i split the back glass in half and i placed 5 dime sized amount of nuglass on the pad. I was able to use speed 6 going 4-5 section passes without it drying out. It was easy to remove at that point as well since i worked it in so well.

I use metalwax water spot remover, you can google the company or watch their YouTube videos. It breaks down the spots completely with light scrubbing and a little patience.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I use metalwax water spot remover, you can google the company or watch their YouTube videos. It breaks down the spots completely with light scrubbing and a little patience.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Cool video.
Thanks for the tip.

Ever since I bought the car, it had water spots embedded in the glass. Not regular water spots, I heard dp made a product for the glass I read good reviews on it but not sure still

The problem with that type of water spot is that you can remove the mineral deposit with steel wool or some type of chemical remover, but you can't removing any etching the minerals caused. You are probably just seeing the damage left behind.

This probably happened on a really hot day after the car was hit buy a garden hose or a watering system.

Some other guys already mentioned it, but you will definitely have to polish the glass out. Good luck!

Man that's too lame! You know, the etching is what im referring to, so thanks for dumbing it down for me. How do I polish this stuff out!?!? What you mean good luck ? LOL

Thanks Nick. I just used a da buffer, aggressive pad and most aggressive compound I had. Tears of joy man it worked. Waxed my glass right after too lol. Never happening again

Thanks Nick. I just used a da buffer, aggressive pad and most aggressive compound I had. Tears of joy man it worked. Waxed my glass right after too lol. Never happening again

That's great. I've found that regular compound like 105 and an aggressive foam pad will work most of the time. Really bad spots will require glass specific products like the one's mentioned above. One thing I always do is tape off the trim around the windows. It's a mess and can be easily damaged.

Back