Waffle weave drying towels not drying anymore

octane

Reaction score
I have a whole bunch of waffle weave drying towels, and recently I realy noticed that they don't work very well compared to new... is there anything I can try to make them absorb water better?

I usually machine dry them on low, with no softner. I read somewhere that I should boil them for 10 minutes, but I'm affraid that would burn the fibers?

TIA

I wash mine on the "sanitary" setting on my washer which basically means "super hot". This helps but doesn't bring them back to original. Now I just dunk in my clean water bucket before I start washing. Ring it out and put it aside while you wash. It works like a charm once I do that.

Boil them for 10 minutes with some vinegar...if they dont come back good as new then they are ready to be replaced.

I soaked mine in some DP Pad Rejuvinator and it seemed to release whatever made them less absorbent, then I washed as normal.

I read somewhere that I should boil them for 10 minutes, but I'm affraid that would burn the fibers?

I've never seen anything burn in boiling water. Boiling MF's is a standard practice that tons of people have done.

thanks guys, lots of good info, I'll try that!

someone tell me more about boiling mf towels . I have some that dont work as good as before and i thought hot water was a no no .

I noticed the same thing today with my Cobra Waffle Weave towel. It just pushed the water and did not soak it up very well. I will have to try the boiling water/vinegar trick.

Perhaps I'll try to rejuvenate my cobra waffle weave towel. I have never found it to be that absorbent, even when new. Maybe boiling in vinegar may help. How much do you dilute it?

It worked!!!! just saved about 12 guzzlers!
soaked the towels in boiling water and vinegar for 5 minutes, then washed the towels with dp pad rejuvinator with my hot water heater at the max setting, then a normal wash with CG micro fiber wash
then washed my car, and the one I tried was almost back to new condition!

Perhaps I'll try to rejuvenate my cobra waffle weave towel. I have never found it to be that absorbent, even when new. Maybe boiling in vinegar may help. How much do you dilute it?

Yes, can someone provide a proper ratio?

Yes, can someone provide a proper ratio?

1. Simply bring a large pot of water to boil
  2. Add in 2-3 capfuls of white vinegar.
  3. Add a couple towels at a time and allow them to boil.
  4. Try to avoid allowing the towels to sit against the sides or bottom of the pot for too long.
  5. After a few moments pull each towel out (using tongs to be safe) and flush under cool water.
  6. Wash these towels using your usual routine and they should be as good as new!

Octane,

Before boiling them, did you wash the WW towels with other towels that you used for LSP's? Just curious.

Octane,

Before boiling them, did you wash the WW towels with other towels that you used for LSP's? Just curious.

I usually don't, but I think I did once or twice, didn't think more of it at the time... won't be doing that again!

someone tell me more about boiling mf towels . I have some that dont work as good as before and i thought hot water was a no no .

That's a common misconception. You should wash on the hottest setting, and dry on the lowest setting.

Sent via Tapatalk 2

That's a common misconception. You should wash on the hottest setting, and dry on the lowest setting.

Sent via Tapatalk 2

:iagree: Completely!

This is where I think a lot of folks run into trouble. I always wash hot and actually now dry on medium. I have had zero, none, no problems at all. I can't remember who mention this So I tried it with a few towels, just in case, and man was he right!

When you think about the type of contaminates you're trying to remove in every case heat makes the most sense.....:props:

Coming to you live from 39,000 feet over Nebraska.....ain't technology amazing!!

Back