All my hardwork is gone..... I could cry right now..

chris.ganucheau

Reaction score
I was at the gym last night from 6:30-9pm an came outside to leave an my car was backed into. The whole rear quarter panel needs to be replaced now. They didn't even leave their info so now I have to pay my deductible to get it fixed. Here are some pics:

Before:
altimacoupe3_zps7b5def93.jpg

After:
956CEBA4-EDF6-4C3F-963F-AF290E45F6B7-8103-0000040219D0DDF0_zpse2748c26.jpg

3C76C5E6-895C-45D9-8280-73F4D0AAC59F-8103-000004021B7FBD82_zps044a4c76.jpg

81DF32B0-7FBF-4561-A37D-D25395CE2C4C-8103-000004021CF2F4A2_zps55b554fb.jpg

BA1E8C79-8B7B-4B9B-AAB3-19C28F78400D-8103-000004021E77F4C9_zps32d3bbbf.jpg

7CD5CB04-FD25-41AA-B99F-89E438C54987-8103-000004022056873F_zpsdfc4c295.jpg

The pictures don't do it justice to how bad it is. It also bent the lip of the door.

I'm ashamed to drive it right now too

Not that it helps but most of us have been here at least once....Sorry to see it and yes, it's a shame..

Since it happened at the gym another member might be the guilty party. Since you have some transfer I suspect so do they. Keep a watchful eye for someone that has your paint on their vehicle or someone with a fresh repair...:bat:

Not that it helps but most of us have been here at least once....Sorry to see it and yes, it's a shame..

Since it happened at the gym another member might be the guilty party. Since you have some transfer I suspect so do they. Keep a watchful eye for someone that has your paint on their vehicle or someone with a fresh repair...:bat:

That sucks. I've been there. But you will catch them. That licks like it was hot with a rear bumper backing up. It's probably a member. While they won't drive it to the gym damaged, they will drive it once its fixed. They don't know they backed into a detailers car, and you can spot a fresh bumper re-spray. Proving it is the hard part.

Someone at my former employer clipped my car while pulling into a parking spot. End result was $1200 in damage requiring a respray of the rear driver side door and quarter panel. Paint matches well but I can tell its been resprayed. Also, the idiot didn't leave a note or anything. People suck these days.

Sorry bro been there 3 times sucks. I hope you catch the jack ass :)

Surely the gym will have a security system or at least a check in card or something? They could help the police narrow down the suspect list.. Might take a court order though.. Did you file a police report?

Sorry that happened to you.

Karma is a b!tch.... they'll get theirs.

I know exactly how you feel. What you would give to find out who it was - was probably echoing in your head when you saw the damage.

Is there a security cam around the area?

Surely the gym will have a security system or at least a check in card or something? They could help the police narrow down the suspect list.. Might take a court order though.. Did you file a police report?

Ask the gym for the security tape - it's rare that gyms don't have cameras on their parking lots these days...

And btw, it sucks and whoever did it sucks balls. I hope karma gets him right in the ass...

Well at least the repair shop is going to get a well cared for car and have no excuses not to do a great repair job. Talk with their painter at least he will know how much you care about maintaining the finish and minimizing orange peel..

I found my car like this New Years morning in 2012. Somebody hit it and did not leave a note also. View attachment 15447

One week later...View attachment 15448

I felt ashamed driving it as well but when I got it back from the body shop everything was all good.

If you find the guy, remember that castration by tow rope is an option.

Yea well it was a university gym an no cameras. I will be getting the police to get a list of people that went there after 6:30pm. I'm just pissed because I'm a college student and can't just drop the 1000 for the deductible to get it fixed. So I don't know how long it will be before its fixed.

Sorry you had to walk out to that. Only ppl here can really understand how you must have felt. Good luck

Yea, I feel your pain! Walked to my car leaving from work on Wednesday to see a kid standing on the hood of my Benz. (Private Driveway, then again, now not so private) Put a crease in the metal, a ding, scratched the clear bra and scratched a couple other area's of the hood.
Have this guy up here in Maryland, Bob McConkey from Dent Busters. Man is he a life saver. Old school guy. He was able to get the crease out and the ding using the Paintless Dent Repair method, have to replace the clear bra and my detail guy said he can buff out the scratches.
Hope you can recover soon.

Yea well it was a university gym an no cameras. I will be getting the police to get a list of people that went there after 6:30pm. I'm just pissed because I'm a college student and can't just drop the 1000 for the deductible to get it fixed. So I don't know how long it will be before its fixed.

That sucks!!! Sucks even worse that you have to pay a deductible when it was hit and run. I'm almost positive we don't pay deductible for hit and run. Maybe it varies from state to state???

Back