BF APC & Interior Cleaner

MattyL

Reaction score
Just finished experimenting with BF APC @ 4:1 on the bimmer's leather seats- no good. My towel was staining black from all the pigment coming off after only light agitation.....Ok..... I had a 4 oz. sample of BF Interior Cleaner, so I gave that a try; same issue. And all this w/a towel, never-mind a brush.

All was not lost experimenting w/the BF duo:the APC @ 4:1 worked great cleaning up my headliner. I must say, as a dedicated leather cleaner though, i'm disappointed. Does anyone else find these 2 a bit too strong for leather applications? I'm thinking of increasing the dilution for the APC, but at what point will I be sacrificing cleaning power bc of all the dilution?

What's everyone using as their dedicated leather cleaner these days? Leather Masters maybe? Something water-based i'd imagine, but given the two BF products were water-based, I can't say what I should be looking for after my experience.

I use Leather Masters soft cleaner to clean my leather followed by Leather Masters Vital to moisturize and LM Protection Cream to seal and prevent abrasion to the seats. Its a great combo!

Anyone else have an issue with BF interior cleaner? Personally never had any issues

I noticed that the APC and Interior cleaner dries out leather a bit. Otherwise I love BF IC & APC, work great in my opinion.

i always clean my leather using a cream like product which basicaly cleaner and conditioner product like meguiars or sonax(bought localy)

I'm new to the game so I haven't tried many of the products from AG. I have done a few leather cars now and I've used Griots Garage interior cleaner to clean them and condition/protect them with Poorboys Leather Stuff. I've been extremely happy with this combo, and the leather stuff will make your car smell like brand new leather!

Matty,

I think you will get the black residue with any leather cleaner. JMO.

Matty,

I think you will get the black residue with any leather cleaner. JMO.

Hmmm..I wonder, if the pigment is coming off, does that mean the seat's clearcoat-like protective layer is coming off in addition?

The only things use on leather are.
1Z einszett Plastic Deep Cleaner
SONAX Leather Foam
Leather Masters products
The 1z is hands down may favorite cleaner yet. I follow up with Sonax.

Back