A good APC

zmanjohn

Reaction score
I have been trying to do a search a a good APC that I can use while detailing door jams, interior and carpet. I was hoping that the group could help me out a bit. I have read a couple of posts and videos online where they use Simple Green. I use this at work and it is an ok cleaner when it is deluted properly, straight up, it does not work well, needs the water to truley activate it. I have also used Super Clean, in the Military to clean and degrease. This works great on grease, oil and any heavy stains. It can also be deluted and used as a basic cleaner.
I just worry that these two might be to harsh to use on the interior as well as pull the wax off, although not a bad thing at times. But since they both break down the petrolium prducts, I am wondering if not properly rinsed if over time will cause cracking of all the injection molded plastics we now see in the interiors.
What do you use for your APC's? What do you feel is the best for cleaning these types of products?
Feed back please

Thanks, Bill

I prefer GTechniq W2, if you want something cheaper Meguiars APC+ is good.

Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner+ economical can dilute to different ratios does a great job.

Chemical Guys All Clean+ 1:20 would be good for interior and 1:10 for exterior jobs. I like it a lot, but prefer NONSENsE 1:20 for interior jobs because it is colorless and odorless.

Chemical Guys All Clean+ 1:20 would be good for interior and 1:10 for exterior jobs. I like it a lot, but prefer NONSENsE 1:20 for interior jobs because it is colorless and odorless.
I had not had the chance to check out Chemical Guys stuff, I have seen a lot of great, posts on their products, I will have to spend more time looking.
Thanks for the info, that sounds great.

Cost wise, chemical guys probably should be high on your list. I prefer Optimum and Black Fire products but that is personal preference. I have used most of the CG products and they do seem to be economical and they work.

my first choice - optimum power clean
2nd choice - Meg's d103 apc+
these are the only 2 I use

I'm a huge Meg's fan, but OPC is number one.

There's nothing Meg's APC+ does better than OPC; except for having a lower price.

As stated above, Blackfire APC is also fantastic.

Zep Citrus. Why?

1) Available locally (Home Depot in US and Canada)-No shipping and get it when you want it.

2) Cheap. Music to my parsimonious ears.

3) Dilutes up to 10:1 for interiors, I use 4:1 on exteriors for wheel wells, etc.

4) Nice scent, doesn't make you gag.

Zep Citrus. Why?

1) Available locally (Home Depot in US and Canada)-No shipping and get it when you want it.

2) Cheap. Music to my parsimonious ears.

3) Dilutes up to 10:1 for interiors, I use 4:1 on exteriors for wheel wells, etc.

4) Nice scent, doesn't make you gag.

I agree. Zep citrus is my go to APC

Back