PDA

View Full Version : Garry dean's conventional soap car wash method

Pages : [1] 2 3

Success
05-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Just saw a video he posted on youtube regarding a simialr method to car washing but not using a rinseless wash solution. I really like thus method. lower water use, no 2 buckets, no grit guards, no reintroducing dirty media into soapy water, seems like a time saver compared to 2 bucket method.

What does everybody else think???

silverfox
05-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Agreed. It's probably the safest conventional wash method.

The only issue is that by the time you are to the fourth fold of the MF towel there isn't much soap left on the towel.

FFguy808
05-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Agreed. It's probably the safest conventional wash method.

The only issue is that by the time you are to the fourth fold of the MF towel there isn't much soap left on the towel.

:iagree:

Setec Astronomy
05-06-2013, 07:05 PM
I don't know why you guys keep attributing this method to Garry Dean. Just because it was invented before Youtube doesn't mean it wasn't invented. Bill D who is on Autopia Forums invented this method with wool mitts many years ago and posted about it on the other Autopia in June 2005: "I've eliminated my buckets altogether as I use the foam gun and just reach for new, clean mitts during the wash session."

ihaveacamaro
05-06-2013, 07:07 PM
I don't know why you guys keep attributing this method to Garry Dean. Just because it was invented before Youtube doesn't mean it wasn't invented. Bill D who is on Autopia Forums invented this method with wool mitts many years ago and posted about it on the other Autopia in June 2005: "I've eliminated my buckets altogether as I use the foam gun and just reach for new, clean mitts during the wash session."

Don't you know? It's the loudest person who gets the credit :props:

swanicyouth
05-06-2013, 07:25 PM

That's not EXACTLY the GDWM, but pretty close. I think we call it that just because he coined the term and we have nothing else to distinguish it so easily from a regular 2 BM rinseless wash.

Howard Stern started calling himself "King of All Media" and Micheal Jackson started calling himself "King of Pop", both just stuck. Bill D should have coined the term "Bill D Wash Method" (BDWM).

Although according to Wikipedia:

BDWM may refer to:

-BDWM BBS, a bulletin board run by Peking University in China

-BDWM Transport AG, a Swiss railway and transportation company

Only thing I could find for GDWM was God's Daily Word Ministries.

Setec Astronomy
05-06-2013, 07:35 PM
That's not EXACTLY the GDWM, but pretty close.

His main idea was not to re-wipe with wash media that's already touched the car. Once it was dirty enough to rinse, he threw it in a bucket and grabbed a new one.

Bill D should have coined the term "Bill D Wash Method" (BDWM).

Bill doesn't have an ego that requires that.

KillaCam
05-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Sure that method is good if you like washing a bunch of towels often, which I don't...

Success
05-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Regardless you "invented" it, I think it's more logical than grit guards which, ime, don't work 100% as hoped too.

akj
05-06-2013, 07:52 PM
I wonder if you. Could use onr for this method

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online

PPLd
05-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Just saw a video he posted on youtube regarding a simialr method to car washing but not using a rinseless wash solution. I really like thus method. lower water use, no 2 buckets, no grit guards, no reintroducing dirty media into soapy water, seems like a time saver compared to 2 bucket method.

What does everybody else think???

I have been doing something similar with about 4-6 wash mitts before my Grit Guard come in.
Works really well.
:props:

ForceofWill
05-06-2013, 08:13 PM
It's a good method and I know he didn't invent the idea but I guess it's what stuck now lol. It's really hard for me to watch his videos though, they're so chocked full of hype and plugs it hurts.

I use a modified version of "his" method for my ONR washes.

Lexi65
05-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Sure that method is good if you like washing a bunch of towels often, which I don't...

Washing a bunch of towels often would work for me if it would
significantly reduce marring/swirling. Just saying.

Mach1USMC
05-06-2013, 08:58 PM
Washing a bunch of towels often would work for me if it would
significantly reduce marring/swirling. Just saying.

THIS EXACTLY- it's about preserving the paint, not washing the towles. You gotta do laundry regardless so what's a few more towels? Especially when you can save time, water, money etc?

Pureshine
05-06-2013, 09:23 PM
There is no one way to wash a car what ever works for you. I have used his method on cars that are not very dirty but there is no way if the cars is covered in dirt this method would ever work. It works great for maintenance washes. The 2 bucket method and foaming has worked great for me for a long time.