MF Pads on Griots DA

KneeDragr

Reaction score
Is it just my unit or are these pads much easier to slow rotation? I tried them out this weekend on the hood of my DD. I couldent wax it for 3 months due to a repaint, so it got waterspots and a scratch during that time.

This was my first time using MF pads, used the Lake County ones.

With a foam pad, you really have to push hard to get the rotation to slow, but with the MF pads, it didnt take much pressure at all, maybe 1/3 the force. It actually made it easier to work though.

It made quick work of the defects, the scratch was gone after 1 pass ( test pass ) @3500, the watermarks took 2 at 4500 ( did the rest of the hood like that ). Usually the foam takes 3 passes at 4500 just to remove light swirls.

I was using Wolfgang total swirl remover. I didnt need a finishing polish, paint looked showroom.

Yes MF pads take less pressure and less speed. The key to MF pads is just to keep them clean.

Speaking of cleaning, Ive read you can throw them in the washing machine with the rest of your microfibers? Or was that BS?

I have OCD so I wash them a lone but you can wash with other towels.

Speaking of cleaning, Ive read you can throw them in the washing machine with the rest of your microfibers? Or was that BS?

Oh noooooo.... I wouldn't go that far. They are much better of washed by hand, imho. ;) Now you might wash them with less than paint quality towels, and on delicate at best. I just find it easier to wash them by hand. Especially as you can do an entire vehicle with 2 or 3 (for compounding) which makes it a fairly quick wash.:xyxthumbs:

MF pads create more drag on the paint. Make sure you clean them on the fly after every section. Use them at 4800+ OPM.

These are the microfiber cutting pads right?

Is there really a difference between Meg's MF-CP and LC MF-CP?

Back