What I have found out through detailing

Bill1234

Reaction score
Just some thoughts here
1. Detailing relives alot of stress
2. Good hobby to have
3. Friends-always want their car worked on
4. when a friend scratches his or her car, he or she is coming to you before the body shop
5. you look at cars differently in the sun or shade
6. hard work pays off
7. your ocd about where to park
8. Autogeek is your thing to do when you dont have things to do
9. you learn along the way
10. getting an Autogeek package in the mail means your not doing anything else that day
11. your car is always cleaner on the other side

ad ons are welcome =) :buffing::cruisin:

You get to listen to neighbors call your crazy because you are always cleaning your vehicle.

Getting a AG package or new product is like christmas.

Its a very additive hobby

Waiting for the UPS truck......... priceless.

Not to mention the amount of time that you check the tracking to see if you package has arrived.

Using a blower to dry your car......... people will think you are nuts

My neighbors won't come speak with me, I believe they think I'm nuts, in fact I know I am. Lol

Hey your in good company here! :xyxthumbs:

That's cause we all crazy

arema9y3.jpg

Another way to compete with your neighbors... landscaping, Christmas decorations... Best-looking car!

You're right on Bill1234. I just finished a 2013 Tahoe for a friend of mine. Exterior only is all he wanted.

Clay bar
CG Micro Polish with Porter Cable 7424XP
Hand applied Collinite 476s.

I just worked on a semi full detail of two cars
2004 audi a6-got a wash and dry,wheels and tires
2013 Ford edge-got a wash,dry,wheels and tires, interior vaccum,wipe and leather work
both are family vehicles

That Z Tahoe is nice. Great job. Also looks better with the front center piece painted color matched.

Yeah my neighbors probably think I am nuts. We are all pretty close where I live. One day I was out washing my BMW, and the guy next to me was washing one of his 2 Lotus' at the same time.

He actually shocked me. He has a tank that looks like this:

ana5yzu5.jpg

It has a motor on it and it sprays lightly pressurized water through what looks like a pressure washer wand. He had that to rinse, and a single 2 gallon bucket with soap. He was using towels that looked like they came from Target to wash.

Literally 10 feet away I'm out there with the pressure washer blasting through the foam cannon, CR Spotless, 2 five gallon buckets on a dolly, Metro Blaster, Supreme Guzzler, Werner Platform, all kinds of wheel brushes and a 5 gallon wheel bucket, Montana 10" Car Wash brush, chemicals, and Dodo's Wookies Fist.

I was going to ask him if he wanted to try some of my stuff but I thought it would be condescending.

That day I learned I must look nuts with all this gear to simply wash a car.

I've been a little OC about my rides since I hand-rubbed the fresh repaint of my '67 Chevelle in 1971. For over 40 years folks have said to me "Why do you wash your car so often? It'll just get dirty again."
Thanks to the members here, I learned the snappiest retort....Do you wipe your butt? It'll just get dirty again.
Conversation ends.

Bill

Billy JAck. It must be a Western PA thing. I get the same response after 45 yearsof always keep fisrt my Dad's and then my cars clean. I don't even allow my wife to drive my Jeep I'm so anal.

I just worked on a semi full detail of two cars
1.) ^^^I get to keep up with the latest detailing-jargon.^^^

2.) IBIZ: Why is it not a "buzz-word"?

3.) Best tires.

Just a couple of "add-ons".

:D

Bob

I must walk through the automotive section in any store just to see what products are there.
Every one asks me if what they are doing is right because it doesn't look right after they are done. LOL
I cant stop feeling my smooooooooOOOOOTH paint and always find something I could have done better.
Every car on the road seems to have bitter swirls on them and the people seem as if they don't exists on their cars. (I just smile)
I have to keep my bottles full even if they are half full.
Cant stop ordering different products that I haven't tried out. Knowledge and experience is burning inside me.
There is always something to be fixed on my car(detailing wise)
Feeling the smoooOOOOTH paint some more. hahaha
I wash my neighbors cars when I am bored and have time since they pay me to do them once in a while. (they love me)
Love to have all my equipment out in the driveway and look at the guy with one bucket down the street.

...that the friendships and bonds formed on the web through detailing are just as vital of those formed otherwise. I've befriended some great people here, and in person.

You get to listen to neighbors call your crazy because you are always cleaning your vehicle.

Getting a AG package or new product is like christmas.

Its a very additive hobby

Not to mention the amount of time that you check the tracking to see if you package has arrived.

:xyxthumbs:

Back